Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan patrol
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a GQ duel cab conversion. Anyone know of one around pm me.

also wanting to put the 6.6L duramax or something simular into it. anyone got any ideas on the costs involved in this? or who would do it? i read a few posts about this being done, someone keeps mentioning heith? not sure who he is or if he could help me?

cheers, look forward to any replys

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
I assume that a Duramax conversion will be a fair bit more than a Brunswick Chev conversion.
Good luck finding a dual cab, those that have them usually keep them. Here is probably the place to look though since the dual cabs are a make your own thing.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I looked at doing a conversion thru my fab bloke and it worked out to be about $6k by the time you chop it, make a tray and then engineering it. So if you can find a cheap wagon, I reckon ya best to get it chopped yourself

·
Registered
Nissan patrol
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks MikeH/cr1pp5, i would expect the conversion to be a little expensive. found a couple of duel cabs for sale, just need to confirm if the conversion kits will allow you to use the tb42 petrol gear box? found a company near the gold coast but cant seam to get a reply from them yet.

·
Registered
4x4 nissan
70 Posts
6 grand is cheap whats the blokes number if you dont mind i m from warragul and my dad wonts to do is patrol but every one is over ten grand

·
Registered
nissan patrol
109 Posts
Hey mate,

Talk to RGM maintenance in Townsville, The owner there has a 6.6 Duramax in his GU that he did himself.

They may even convert a wagon into a dually if your lucky.

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
Look in the classifieds on this forum
There was a few dual cabs for sale fairly well priced recently

As for costs
Most who shell out a gazzilion dollars on a custom rig dont sell on the cheap unless stuffed

There are plenty of threads regarding these topics even in the members section

1 - 8 of 8 Posts