1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have been looking at this car for a few days now:

Nissan patrol gq 4.2 turbo diesel | Cars, Vans & Utes | Gumtree Australia New South Wales - Sydney Region | 1057958397

I just want the opinion on those more experienced. I believe I can get it for 15k.

Any ideas on what you's think the fuel consumption would be like (probably something that needs testing really). Also would the size of the tires affect the odometer reading if not adjusted for.

If I end up buying a gq patrol I am sure I will back to this forum quite a bit.

Cheers

Hugh. :)

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,220 Posts
Fuel usage could be anywhere from 12L/100km to 18, it all depends on how it's set up and tuned.

Tyres will increase the odometer reading, but it'll still be under reading anyway, so kilometres on it are probably more realistic of actual travelled.

It is a very nice looking bus,

Reactions: Hugh1994

·
Registered
nissan
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fuel usage could be anywhere from 12L/100km to 18, it all depends on how it's set up and tuned.

Tyres will increase the odometer reading, but it'll still be under reading anyway, so kilometres on it are probably more realistic of actual travelled.

It is a very nice looking bus,
Hey heyhey (ha),

Thanks for the info. I really like the look of it too, which makes me wonder if my thoughts on how it looks is affecting whether or not I think its a good deal. If I was to get a less modified GQ than the one above I would probably end up spending a fair bit to get it the way I want.

So any comment on that thinking? you reckon if I paid $15,000 it would be too much?

Cheers,

Hugh

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,220 Posts
Considering what it has got and what looks to be good condition, if it comes with a RWC then $15K would be a good buy. Accessories don't really add value in real terms, but if you were to put the same things on, then there is value in buying something a bit more kitted out.

I'd take it for a drive, check its mechanicals and if it comes with a roadworthy, I don't think you'll be losing anything.

·
Registered
nissan
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Considering what it has got and what looks to be good condition, if it comes with a RWC then $15K would be a good buy. Accessories don't really add value in real terms, but if you were to put the same things on, then there is value in buying something a bit more kitted out.

I'd take it for a drive, check its mechanicals and if it comes with a roadworthy, I don't think you'll be losing anything.
Yeah if it feels right and everything looks fine I think I will have a hard time passing it up. I don't know that much yet so do you reckon if I get a diesel mechanic is Sydney to look it over before I buy it would be a good idea?

Thanks for all your help.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,220 Posts
Yeah it wouldn't hurt. Probably best to use a 4x4 guy than a diesel mech.

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
Welcome to P4x4 Hugh.

You're not the only one looking at that rig, someone else posted about it yesterday. Looks like a nicely set up vehicle.

·
Registered
nissan/1989 gq
446 Posts
It's a very nice looking car, but its still 25 years old car for 15k. GQs are not the nicest cars to spent time in. The interior was bit dated when they came out. If you haven't driven one you should definitely try one out. They are not for everyone.
If your budget is 15k, there are heaps better cars you could buy. Petrol GUs go for under 10k nowadays, for 15K you could buy decent 3L GU or 80 series or early 100 series.
And the same car in petrol would go for 5 to 7k

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
I'd agree, if I was spending $10-12k+ I'd be looking at GUs.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,220 Posts
I'd prefer to by a nice turboed TD42 GQ over an average 2000-2003 ZD30 GU or any RD28. Each to their own.

·
Registered
nissan/1989 gq
446 Posts
Definitely each to they own. But with this particular GQ, for this money, you must be really into GQs, to buy it.
With 4" inch lift, 35s, aftermarket turbo and stuff like that, you always one highway patrol cop in bad mood away from getting defected. Than you must change it back to factory spec 5k worth of truck, or get it engineered, what may or may not be possible and cost more money.
It's painted in matt black, which is really sensitive to scratches and you can't buff out matt paint. Is it going to be worth 15k if you take it bush and it gets all scratched?
Is it a daily driver? Not really ideal for Sydney traffic.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol/Maverick
593 Posts
It's a very nice looking car, but its still 25 years old car for 15k. GQs are not the nicest cars to spent time in. The interior was bit dated when they came out. If you haven't driven one you should definitely try one out. They are not for everyone.
If your budget is 15k, there are heaps better cars you could buy. Petrol GUs go for under 10k nowadays, for 15K you could buy decent 3L GU or 80 series or early 100 series.
And the same car in petrol would go for 5 to 7k

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Very good point. I live my GQ but they are not half as comfy as a GU. They are great off the bitumen though :) Hugh that truck looks great!

·
Registered
nissan
110 Posts

Buy mine for 15k ;)

·
Registered
nissan
110 Posts
Judging from the lack of information I am doubting you are serious diesel mate? Cause I am in the marked for one.

If it wasn't my only vehicle id gladly sell it to you. 15k is too much for a GQ , you can get a well setup one with td42t around 10 - 12k. I wouldn't spend anymore than that.

·
Registered
nissan
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If it wasn't my only vehicle id gladly sell it to you. 15k is too much for a GQ , you can get a well setup one with td42t around 10 - 12k. I wouldn't spend anymore than that.
Yeah. Just have to wait to see if I can find the right one. Cheers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts