Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan gq patrol
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum, looking to buy a 4.2 td gu tray back, Ive got a few questions

1) I'm after a coil rear, is there a way of telling eg by year or model which have this apart from visually looking under it ( I'm considering buying through auctions and may not be able to inspect apart from pictures)

2) I searched this but couldn't find much, what options does the st have over the dx?, I'd it just the power windows, there seems to be a big price difference between the 2 and it seems there are much fewer st's for sale

3) did any models come with cruise or was it an option from new

4) and is 2006 the last year of manufacture for the 4.2?, is there any differences between the early 99/00 and the 05/06

Sorry for all the questions just new to the 4b scene, what's the deal with pricing of these rigs aswell, pricing is anywhere from 14g to 33 for 99/00 models that are relatively standard with 200-300,000km

Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
517 Posts
For the buyer, they unfortunately hold their value.

DX and ST's are priced very differently. ST's are generally Coils all round, Turbo, cloth trim, power windows and even air bag versus a DX with typically leaf rear, no turbo (early models) cloth seats, vinyl floor, no electrics.

Their have been a few GU coil cabs on ebay with low km's 100K - 200K going for 25 -30K for 2001 to 2003 mdls. Your going to need to be willing to travel to grab a bargain.

Do a few google searches, check out red book for details of models, search forums etc.

Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts