Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol 2008 3L CRD
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

So Just after some advice on what my problem could be!
First Off Car was struggling to start Cold Or Hot so i took it to the Mechanic and he scanned it and it came up with a "Low Fuel Pressure In Rail" Error Code.. All good Problem Fixed.. Changed the Rail car ran/started sweet for 3 days Then wouldn't start again. So tested the Glow plugs they were buggered and wernt heating up at all (All circuitry to them works fine) Changed Glow Plugs starting like Boss "COLD" took it for a drive for about 15 - 20 Mins got it up to operating Temp, Let it Sit for about 20 Mins went to start it would Crank but wouldn't kick over. Changed the Battery coz it didn't sound like it was getting enough CCA's Still on COLD starts now it starts no worries but once it WARM with NEW Battery 1025 CA still cranks for about 5 - 10 secs before starting….

So to Simplify Why would it be starting after 1 or 2 Cranks when COLD but take 5 - 10 Cranks when HOT before starting? Still a Fuel Pressure Issue????

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,225 Posts
I had the same problem. Took a bit to start when cold, but got there eventually. When warm, there was no chance.

It was two injectors leaking. When the injectors leak it doesn't allow the fuel rail to get to a required pressure for the ECU to activate the injectors. This low pressure also brings up the commonrail pressure fault.

What I did to find the faulty injector was to remove the fuel return line (braided material one) from each injector. I then put a length of small hose in each injectors fuel return hole and ran each length of pipe to its own can. After a few cracks two of the cans had fuel in them, they were the ones leaking. After I replaced the two injectors, all is good and no excessive cranking.

Reactions: Matthew89

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol 2008 3L CRD
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh k no Worries mate, Ill give that a shot over the weekend and let u know how it goes Cheers Mate!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts