Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Ive searched everywhere but can't find what I'm looking for and tried every combination I cant think of but still no luck.

Ive got a Warn XD9000 (bought new in 2010) with a 5 pin plug but just recently bought a TG Thompson solenoid from Road Runner Offroad as one of my Warn solenoids sh*t itself. Now the issue I have is that every diagram I see has different wire colours to what I have.

My plug has white, black, red, brown, and green. It was always hooked up as black to the motor ground and red to the battery +ve at the solenoid but I can't see any other diagrams like it, all of them show white as the +ve to the battery and black as out. I just want my winch working again!! I can get it so I have it spooling in and out but I have to change some wires around on the solenoid and only using the spool out button on the controller.

Can some one tell me what the correct wiring should be? once I have it working again I also want to hook up the in cab switch with isolater.

Sorry for the long post but I was trying different set ups through out the day with no luck.

Cheers

Russell

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu 2011
257 Posts
Chuck a multi meter on the wires coming through the cover, plug in your remote cable and you will just need to set it up as a 3 pin. 1 supply, 1 return for each direction of the winch. I too can remember the colours but while in there also put in a wireless remote.

·
Glasshouse Bogan #1
nissan patrol gu
9,423 Posts
Don't know if it helps but I wired my warn 5 pin controller into a cheap aldi winch. From memory I had 3 wires going to the solenoids and the other 2 coming from the warn controller I had to join together for it to work.

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
Brilliant thanks gf0012-aust.

I was looking at mounting an in-cab switch and trying to work out why the frigging colours change from one side of the plug to the other.

Also I gather in your diagram, the big red thing is just power from the isolator?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts