Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WARNING dont get caught. by this low life

Ok well the story goes i am looking for a 2001+ GU wagon with a 3ltr grenade cheap that is blown up, or cheap so i can do an engine upgrade to a 4.2.

Anyway i found this one on carsales. a 2003 NISSAN PATROL GU III MY2003 DX for $11,800

Private Used Cars - carsales.com.au

It was cheap but not too cheap as to ring alarms. and as i had been looking for so long I thought this would do me.
I rang up the owner and talked through the details of the car. It sounded good so i got his details and sent a deposit on monday (7th) $1800. well that is the last i heard from him. he does not answer the phone or emails.

Ok so i know all the things i did wrong but i thought i would tell you all. If i help someone then it will not all be in vain.

These are the details he told me.
Vin JN1TESY61A0345365
guys name is Eddy
his email is eddy2619882hotmail.com
his mobile numbers are 0426833955 or 0420711359
address 43 Dursill st Guillford 2161

the bank information I sent the money too : Halime mohamad alameddine , st George bank , account : 410652132 , Bsb : 112-879

So if anyone uses any of the details run away before you loose your money too
Richard

·
Registered
nissan
291 Posts
YeH that name just sounds dodgy

·
Registered
nissan
246 Posts
Ring your bank, see if they can reverse the transaction. Worth a try.

·
Registered
nissan gu
1,195 Posts
Halime Mohamad + granade sounds about right! ...... mate you wont bethe last to fall for this scam at least you didnt get stung for the whole amount.

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,957 Posts
mmm, not sure how good an idea putting all his info up here is. . . . it hasnt even been a week.

i would say it doesn't look like a scam at this stage. . . . its only been 6days. if you transfered money, it can take days to clear, his phone might have died. . . you dont know. . . . i say there is hope yet.

·
Rusty, but Trusty. Most of the time
nissan
1,185 Posts
The VIN shows up in the Nissan FAST program.

·
Registered
nissan
511 Posts
Well the good news is that I just rang the work mobile number, I put 1831 in front so he doesn't have my number, and he answered!
The bad news is that he didn't say it was sold. Which you would expect him to if he had taken a deposit and was honest!
I said I'd get back to him tomorrow to organize a viewing, so I'd give it another shot if I were you.
1831 in front of the phone number makes it come up as a private number

Good luck

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
i wonder if he would reply if one of us emailed him about the vehicle, ie: is it still for sale etc

·
Registered
328 Posts
I just ran the VIN number you quoted with Vicroads and it comes up as a Victorian registered car so possibly the VIN he gave you is dodgy as well.
Regards Andrew.

Vehicle Registration: YFY054 Registration Status: CURRENT UNTIL 22/02/2012
VIN/Chassis Number: JN1TESY61A0345365 Written-Off Status: NOT-WRITTEN-OFF
Engine Number: ZD30001706W Encumbrance Status: ENCUMBRANCE
Vehicle Make: NISSAN Stolen Status: NOT-STOLEN
Vehicle Colour: WHITE
Body Type: WAGON
Year of Manufacture: 2003

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,364 Posts
if hes this dodgy u probably dont want the car as its probably more dodgy, good lucky buddy

1 - 20 of 45 Posts