Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Just wanted to let you all know the woes I am currently going through....
Here in the UK I couldn't find the part numbers for the twin front pipe and main muffler for my Cyprus Safari.
So I bought what were the closest. Figured the downpipe was almost identical and the muffler, whilst the hanging fittings were different, the tubes would probably be the same....
How wrong I was.
1) Couldn't get the nuts undone on the twin down pipe, so took it to a local garage to 'add heat'.
2) Shield fixtures didn't have any supports on the new downpipe.
3) Garage tells me the securing holes to the manifold are in slightly different positions so they all had to be ground out.
4) Centre muffler on the Safari has a much longer front pipe than the one I bought as a replacement, and the flange is in a different position, so the old front part has been welded on to the new muffler.

So many changes........ Gonna cost me a couple days welding...
Why did Nissan make so many changes to the muffler for the Y60 with the same engine? I can't see any point...
Just makes it tough for themselves with respect to replacement parts......

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have a CRGY60 imported/registered in 1997 ('96 model) TD42 manual.

The exhaust on mine seems OK for now but the slightest of leak would give me an excuse to chop out the original and put in a 3" straight pipe, I had one a couple of years ago and the sound was awesome (possibly annoying for the neighbours too) but I loved the v8 type "gurggle".

I find that I have to give my VIN for any parts I buy as the reg number alone does not show anything on their system :confused:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I took pipes 2 and 3 off, it sounded fantastic I must admit, but it did reverberate around the car... Couldn't drive long distances without a proper silencer!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts