Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, about to take patrol in to lovely nissan and got told it will cost be $150 for them to look at if it's not covered under warranty. Firstly, fair enough if I'm just tire kicking with petty ****, but I have a bad leak from IP, pretty clear it's a problem. If nissan decides that they will not cover the leak under warranty because it's a 'seap' as they like to say. Is it BS to still charge the $150 for a genuine enquiry about an obvious problem? Or am I'm just being a stinge because I hate them! Haha
This is the leak at the moment, where would you class it?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is the IP on the back of the timing gear. Problem?!!

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
498 Posts
mate, looks like more than a seap to me. Something wrong if they don't fix that up, any fuel leak is an issue

·
Registered
nissan patrol
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha well just got a phone call letting me know that its just a 'weep' haha. ill be digging in with this one!

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
Yep dig in and don't budge. That sort of thing, their policy will always be to first try to fob it off.

You may need to get a second opinion, which might cost you.

·
Registered
nissan
498 Posts
mate, I just went through similar issue with dealership in QLD. Mentioned QCAT (Qld Comission of Administration Tribunal) which is basically small claims court type of thing to them, got an email back about a week later saying they would cover everything. I notice that you are in Byron, I would imagine something similar to cover NSW. Don't let it go mate be persistent!

·
Registered
nissan patrol
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah it was funny when he was trying to convince me that it was just a small area of 'dampness' and nothing to be concerned of. I responded by showing him video and photos of it similar to previous pic, he swallowed hard after seeing it! then i told him that its likely to be diesel leaking which i stated that any vehicle with a fuel leak is un roadworthy. His attitude changed and i am monitoring it for a couple of weeks and then ill be back :D I also told him that i have supporting images and videos dating back to march 2014 or so, which i do, that are also online holding proof of dates! So no i wont be backing down haha :D

Squalo - Yeah i've already got one from mechanic that did my last service, he stated on there that it needs to be dealt with so thats handy :D

Stusgq - I am actually over in WA at the moment! but thanks, i will keep that in mind for sure. I almost had to use the ACCC on them when they stuffed me around with a clutch!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts