Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I had a peak of 648 pre turbo and 570 post turbo and a cylinder difference of over 50 across the range.

What are your thoughts.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Well I had a peak of 648 pre turbo and 570 post turbo and a cylinder difference of over 50 across the range.

What are your thoughts.
Keep your eyes on the road or you'll have an accident!

Well you did ask for my thoughts ;)

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
49,174 Posts

What are your thoughts.

Could get some useful info from that but what sort of load did you have on it, if that was just cruising load then I am not surprised.

·
Registered
nissan
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could get some useful info from that but what sort of load did you have on it, if that was just cruising load then I am not surprised.
I had just under 7000ft/lb of torque and just under 2500 hp at 1700 rpm

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
I had just under 7000ft/lb of torque and just under 2500 hp at 1700 rpm
:shock:

That'd have to be 50 litres swept volume at least. That's a hell of a lot of RPM for anything bigger than that. Turbine differential temp isnt big enough for it to be working very hard either.

I call: :bs: (or you need new glasses, that's a fairly decent large truck engine if you devide those numbers by 10.)

·
Registered
nissan
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:shock:

That'd have to be 50 litres swept volume at least. That's a hell of a lot of RPM for anything bigger than that. Turbine differential temp isnt big enough for it to be working very hard either.

I call: :bs: (or you need new glasses, that's a fairly decent large truck engine if you devide those numbers by 10.)
Cummins QSK60

16 cylinder V engine with 4 turbo's 60 litre, rated at 2500 hp at 1900 rpm and 7257ft/lb of torque

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Metric?

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
google it. . . i did, im not posting the link.
Wow, hang on, sounds like it may have another meaning! :confused:

'Black Dogging' as I know it is when someone says "my xxxx is better than yours" and someone comes back "with my xxxx is better than yours" (Re: my dogs better because it's blacker than yours), but all in good fun.
My mate Jacket, started a good one about tyres ;)
I guess the aussie term is a 'p1$$ing contest'.

Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
I take your Cummins and will raise a 34 tonne 251 class E series single turbo ALCO V16 of 175.2L making 2750hp at 1000rpm.

·
Registered
nissan
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I can imagine what I would get if I did google "black dogging" as I know what dogging is in the UK (rude stuff outside with people watching)

You win benno, all I got is a QSK78 v18 with 12 turbo's pushing 3500hp at 1900 and peak torque of 13771nm at 1500 rpm (I bent a pushrod on one doing a tune up, but don't tell anyone)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts