Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys

well with all this rain in SEQ at the moment im getting a bit of watter on the floor mat after it rains not much maybee 50ml or so but it's starting to make the car smell
i had the windscreen replaced about 6 months ago, it leaked a little before that and it still does it now so i don't think it's the windscreen seals well i hope not anyway,
anybody else had the same issues or could give me any other ideas as to what it could be
cheers luke

·
Registered
nissan gu patrol
292 Posts
Do you have a snorkel fitted?? I had exactly the same problem and it was getting in through the top pillar mounting for the snorkel. Easily fixed with silicon sealant.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi Grenade 81,

Check the rubber grommet located behind the carpet in the left side footwell (or from within the engine bay itself). The grommet is often used to route wiring and aerial cables into the vehicle. In heavy rain water enters the gap at the rear of the bonnet and runs downs towards the grommet. If cables are angled downwards into the grommet it is likely the water is tracking along the cables and through the grommet.

Regards

nrb1748

·
Registered
9,501 Posts
Luke,
I had leaks after the front window was replaced. After getting the guy back twice, I found that he had roughly removed the metal strip along in the front bottom of window and damaged the little plastic bitts where the screw clips fit in.

The front pannel covering the air intake to the heater vents etc in front of the window has plastic clip screw things that hold it down (along under the back of the bonnet) these clips go through into the top of the heater/vent fan and can drip water down through the fan onto the passenger side floor. There were plastic inserts under the clips to stop the drips but after the guy had ripped the clips out he put the clips back but had damaged the insert things.

You can take the top heater fan cover off. Or take the heater fan out from under the dash and look up inside with a tourch to see where it is dripping from. Silicone sealer is your friend.

If you stick your arm up inside the fan (with fan removed), watch out as there are nasty sharp edges on the metal parts inside the heater fan box (I left a bit of skin up there).

·
Workin for the weekend
nissan
431 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the reply guys, natlmarine you got it i filled my snorkel mounting holes up with some silicon and no more leaks

thanks again people

1 - 6 of 6 Posts