Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
NISSAN GU PATROL
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys.

I have the TB45 dual fuel.

What would you guys think if i fill up the Flash Lube bottle with water and let the engine run untill empty in attempt to clean up the internals of carbon buildup ?

· Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
You probably need a much higher injection rate than the Flash Lube will do at max flow for the Water or Water/Meth to do any good.

You should have very little carbon buildup in there anyway with the LPG. In the good old days we used to just slowly tip a glass or two of water down the throat of the Carby with about 1500 RPM on the engine as a "decoke".

For a few years I used to run 5:1 Water Meth injection on my 307 V8. Certainly kept the insides clean and you get a slight performance increase due to a slightly higher compression.

Dunno if it would be worth the effort on an LPG engine

· Registered
NISSAN GU PATROL
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input guys,
Dual Fuel, I run on petrol every startup until engine warmup, then switch to lpg, When i run out of lpg i will just run it on petrol.

I had the flash lube at full flow, by what you guys say it sounds like i need a higher flow.
I did notice the higher the flow i had it on the engine actually ran rough, would that be because it wasnt mistyfied ?

I have found a hose that has been pluged on the intake pipes that i could pour a glass of water down,
How much water and how fast should i pour it ?
Should i expect the engine to get rough as im pouring the water ?

· Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
I have found a hose that has been pluged on the intake pipes that i could pour a glass of water down,
How much water and how fast should i pour it ?
Should i expect the engine to get rough as im pouring the water ?
Well, I dunno if I would be game to do it to an EFI :rolleyes: I certainly wouldn't do it to my TB42 as I don't pretend to know what effect it would have on the Injector Tips or for that matter the Exhaust Cats on a "modern" motor.

If you do try it, Yes it will run rough as guts with clouds of vapour and crap out the exhaust.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.