1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
NISSAN GU PATROL
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys.

I have the TB45 dual fuel.

What would you guys think if i fill up the Flash Lube bottle with water and let the engine run untill empty in attempt to clean up the internals of carbon buildup ?

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
You probably need a much higher injection rate than the Flash Lube will do at max flow for the Water or Water/Meth to do any good.

You should have very little carbon buildup in there anyway with the LPG. In the good old days we used to just slowly tip a glass or two of water down the throat of the Carby with about 1500 RPM on the engine as a "decoke".

For a few years I used to run 5:1 Water Meth injection on my 307 V8. Certainly kept the insides clean and you get a slight performance increase due to a slightly higher compression.

Dunno if it would be worth the effort on an LPG engine

·
Registered
NISSAN GU PATROL
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input guys,
Dual Fuel, I run on petrol every startup until engine warmup, then switch to lpg, When i run out of lpg i will just run it on petrol.

I had the flash lube at full flow, by what you guys say it sounds like i need a higher flow.
I did notice the higher the flow i had it on the engine actually ran rough, would that be because it wasnt mistyfied ?

I have found a hose that has been pluged on the intake pipes that i could pour a glass of water down,
How much water and how fast should i pour it ?
Should i expect the engine to get rough as im pouring the water ?

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
why would you want to put it in in the first place?
you arent running forced induction and if its tuned correctly there should be no carbon to remove.

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
I have found a hose that has been pluged on the intake pipes that i could pour a glass of water down,
How much water and how fast should i pour it ?
Should i expect the engine to get rough as im pouring the water ?
Well, I dunno if I would be game to do it to an EFI :rolleyes: I certainly wouldn't do it to my TB42 as I don't pretend to know what effect it would have on the Injector Tips or for that matter the Exhaust Cats on a "modern" motor.

If you do try it, Yes it will run rough as guts with clouds of vapour and crap out the exhaust.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts