Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I have water leaking into the passenger side cabin. It is not from the firewall cable grommet, a/c hose feed thru firewall or the rivenut that leaks near windscreen. It only leaks when I put hose down bonnet hinge. I have removed inner guard and put silicone on seams. Still leaking. Has anybody has this problem?

Thanks, Kevin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still can't find where the water is getting in.......

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ended up pulling apart the whole dash to find my leak into the passenger side footwell.

Turned out to be the grommet nearest the hinge for the cowling.

rick.

Thanks Rick,
I only get water in the cab with the hose down the hinge cavity. It's been raining a fair bit up in NE Vic so the ute is like a swimming pool inside.

Kevin

·
Sydoforumsuperfan :)
nissan gu patrol
8,929 Posts
So how do you know it's NOT coming through where arrow is ? When raining. Forget your hose trick

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Ended up pulling apart the whole dash to find my leak into the passenger side footwell.

rick.
I had this problem after my windscreen was replaced.
Took a bit of complaining for them to finally sort the problem.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So how do you know it's NOT coming through where arrow is ? When raining. Forget your hose trick

I have put the hose on there, used rag to stop it going down hinge, and no water comes in. I previously had a leak via the a/c pipes but that is fixed. Putting hose down hinge is the only place I can get the water to come in.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

rick.

Rick, if the leak is from the grommet then does water come into the cab thru the heater & A/C assy.

Kevin

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sure does

Well that definitely rules that out as to where the water is coming in.

·
The Centaur .5 Manpopwer .5 Horsepower
nissan
981 Posts
Kevin, mate, it might be time to remove the dash and see what the go is.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm assuming you had removed the rubber seals from the bonnet hinge in this pic and it's not just missing. Surly this rubber seal must be the culprit. Or am I missing something. ;)

I think I'm missing something, I don't have those seals. Do you have a better photo.

·
The Centaur .5 Manpopwer .5 Horsepower
nissan
981 Posts
Well I thought that they didn't have any seals (of sorts) around the hinge but looking back through my pics it seems that they did have something there. First pic is of our 07 crd wagon and the next 2 are from our old 2012 crd wagon, but they won't stop any water getting in so there must be a drain at the bottom where the hose is to let any water out and it may be blocked, could have some rust in there now making a new drain into your cab...I reckon the covers are to stop leaves and stuff getting in and possibly blocking the drain that could be there....just a thought
Also might have to remove the guard and any plastic inner guards and see if you can see anything.

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've had the ute (07) since new, never had any type of seal around hinge. Will go into local dealer and see what the go is. Will report back.

Kevin

1 - 20 of 75 Posts