Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Roads are for Toyota's
nissan patrol 4.2
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we had a little rain, I open my door and I find this. Only one side. Where the hell is it getting in? How do I stop it? Am I alone?

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan patrol
59 Posts
Maybe a long shot but check the drain holes in bottom off doors are clear. Small hacksaw blade fits well.

·
Registered
nissan
2,091 Posts
I've had that before.

You gotta close ya window when it rains.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,229 Posts
Pic works for me.

I reckon drain holes being blocked too. Can you hear water in the bottom of the door when you move the door in and out?

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,404 Posts
Pic works on my tapatalk. Must be a timo_ed bug :)

·
Registered
9,663 Posts
Yes I had that when I had window tinting and rust proofing done, the slackassholes just slashed the plastic inside the door trim and sliced off the inner lip of the window seal against the glass as they said it pushes the glass in and makes the tinting rub. The result was water running down the glass and dripping through my door speakers, then out under the trim.

They told me it cost them about $300 to replace the four door window seals and two wet speakers. But they just stuck packing tape over the inner door plastic slackfukers.

They also sprayed underbody stuff on the front hub swivels, this collected sand and destroyed the swivel hub seals, I never managed to get them or the Nissan dealer to come good on fixing that so have never been back to any of them for service or parts.

So I suggest, un block the door drain holes, take off the trim and check the plastic is not allowing water to channel down inside the trim.

·
Roads are for Toyota's
nissan patrol 4.2
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks boys, I'll check it tomorrow.

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,404 Posts
My back door seems to fill up with water. When I open it, water runs out from the seal.. should fix that one day...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts