Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When I made my rear drawers I wanted to incorporate a design that could also store water. I purchased a 40litre water bladder and when building the drawers I left a cavity/ storage area at the end of the drawer system immediately behind the rear seats. With the bladder I have a pump to get the water to the rear of the vehicle.

So if you are planning on building your own drawer system then consider this in your design.

To see what I did I have a very short video.

https://youtu.be/uxivhzynfIE

If you don't need the carry the water, or you want to carry less that the 40lts then you can also use the space to store other items so you do not loose any valuable space.

Regards, Mick

·
Registered
429 Posts
Again Mick, great work.

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
Nice idea Mick.
I see you have used rubber or carpet to protect the bladder, does it cover the bolts at the back of those two latches. I used the same latch on my camper trailer doors and found a few items had rubbed against the bolt that sticks out. You would hate to find a hole in the bladder. You can get some rubber caps to fit over the bolt head from Clarke rubber or just make a rubber flap in the right place.

·
Registered
nissan
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, you can see in the video I just had a little square of carpet behind one of the aluminium backing plates and a beanie (it was on hand) behind the other. I have driven around for over a year, through the Simpson and high country etc, and no issues. But, yes, I should finish it properly one day. There is no sign of rubbing. The bladder in the video is about half full, but even when full it will only round out a little more.

The inside of the box was just carpeted and it is stapled into the cavity and tied onto the amplimesh with cable ties, nice and simple.

On a side note as using those latches on a camper trailer, when I was Dalhousie Springs a bloke came up with his trailer with the same locks. He had just picked up a load of wood and driving along the wood all fell against the back of the locks and thus he could not open is trailer. I scored a dozen beers as I cut the rivets off for him, but aside from my win, if you have a chance of a load falling against the rear of the locks, then make a cover or barrier in the inside so as they can always open.

Mick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts