Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

Water temp adaptor

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  MikeH 
#1 ·
Ok i had a water temp gauge i'n my shortie and it was a cheapo and thought it to b inaccurate so i got a better quality one and now the gauge just sky rockets to max temp .. I just had a new radiator installed yesterday So it's not the car.. I am thinking the provlem may be the adaptor on my radiator hose it's a 8 dollar eBay cheapy made of aluminum and it is to hot to touch ... Could this b a problem ?

#7 ·
Is there a screw on the adaptor the sender goes in? If so run a wire to earth, Batt Neg is close. if not put a self tapper in but not right through and earth it.:) You have a peice of ally between two peices of rubber, If the sender went in the thermo housing etc. It would be earthed. I have mine in the top hose aswell on the adaptor, Good spot IMO as tells you when thermostat opens. Stick with it and earth it.

#14 ·
Weird! Maybee a dud unit!, Is it new? If it is take it back and swap it.I have a Drift gauge and that had the two wires coming from it, One to sender and one to grub screw on ally adaptor with a wire to the neg batt. The ebay adaptors are allright, I think there all alloy. Good Luck.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.