Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I’ve got a tb42 carby, putting me water temp gauge in tomorrow n just wondering what the best spot to put the sensor in is? Any photos would be a great help thanks

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hey guys I’ve got a tb42 carby, putting me water temp gauge in tomorrow n just wondering what the best spot to put the sensor in is? Any photos would be a great help thanks
There are different ways. Tap the housing, use a hose adapter or use an existing blank. Also be mindful which side of the thermostat you put it. It wont affect the operation but may take longer to register until the thermostat starts to open

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are different ways. Tap the housing, use a hose adapter or use an existing blank. Also be mindful which side of the thermostat you put it. It wont affect the operation but may take longer to register until the thermostat starts to open
Thanks mate, think I’ll chuck her in the housing. Being told by some to just put a T on the top rad hose but I don’t like the idea of it possibly reading to late if engine overheats therefor being kinda useless.

·
Registered
GQ Dual Cab. TD42Ti with fruit.
5,703 Posts
You need to put your sensor as close as possible to the outlet from the cylinder head, prior to the thermostat.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You need to put your sensor as close as possible to the outlet from the cylinder head, prior to the thermostat.
Thanks mate, got it on now and works much better than factory guage. Was putting it off for a while but was a lot easier than I’d thought it was to install.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts