Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
gq nissan
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i guess this question is more directed at the ute owners with canvas canopies.. ideas, experiences, things that worked and didnt etc. but any info will help..

we are currently going through our wet season here and it is raining alot lately, i have a gq ute with a canopy, which is the vynel type not the canvas, not that it really makes much difference.. anyway my question is that i had my 80ltr engel in the back last night because w had no power for abit, and i checked it this morning, and there is water all over my try bed and my engel had condensation all over it..
anybody got any tips on waterproofing/dustproofing a canopy and tray?
looks like the water is coming in around the bottom of the drop sides?
also any idea on ventilation in the back to stop things going mouldy etc for when the fridge is in the back and there is moisture around?

·
Registered
490 Posts
I have seen stick on foam put on the bottom of the sideboards to help stop the dust and water getting in through the gap. Not sure where to get it from though, i t might be a 3M product or something similar.
As for the vinyl, mine has the same canopy and so far, after the 5 years i've had it in the top end, it's only just started to leak, which reminds me to find that hole.

Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
442 Posts
Foam tape with one sticky side works a treat between ute drop sides. Bunnings and all those places sell it by the roll in different thicknesses. Just make sure you clean the metal before sticking it on so it sticks better and will last longer.

As far as dust proofing canopy, I have 2 square panels cut in the front on the canopy with flyscreen and a small piece of canvas that rolls up (like a little window). When driving leave these open and they force air into the canopy pressurising it. I leave them open when sleeping in it or if fridge is running to keep some ventilation happening.

Hope this helps a little.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts