Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
479 Posts
That is what I would be using next time I buy a water tank.
Their (Manufactures - enmach industries for one) make some good tanks - I have used 3 before and all were very well made.

·
I'm not really a Newbie
nissan
3,909 Posts
This may be a silly question but do you leave them empty usually and just fill when needed?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,141 Posts
I leave mine full so no crap grows in it, just like van tanks.

cheers DD.

·
I'm not really a Newbie
nissan
3,909 Posts
Io think if the water is moving and sloshing around it should be ok, its only when the water is not moving it starts to get off ???
Ahh ok. Makes sense. Can you tell i have no idea 😊

·
Registered
nissan
445 Posts
If you intend to use plastic tanks for drinking water then it's wise to remove them on a regular basis and rinse with 'Milton' fluid or similar solution as used to disinfect baby bottles etc.
They are supposed to be UV stable and don't allow any light through that can promote bacteria growth etc but over time you will still get a slime on the inside that should be removed.
I much prefer tanks with port holes that allow you to get a fist inside for proper contact cleaning.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,141 Posts
I do rinse my tank out from time to time but only about twice a year.
I use 25/75 off hydrochloric acid and water, takes any slime off instantly then rinse with water a few times and done. never had a problem with taste. I have been doing this with the caravan tanks for 15 years with no problems either.

cheers DD.

·
Registered
nissan
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The people that do run them are they a gravity tap or do you have a 12 volt pump? And is the superior price what you would expect to pay for a full kit?

·
Registered
nissan
394 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
4,831 Posts
i have a 12v pump connected to mine, works a treat. i use flo jet pumps, they seem like a good, strong quality pump that has given me no problems in 5 years
Good pumps and you can get rebuild kits for them if needed

1 - 15 of 15 Posts