Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I turn on the air con in my GQ its goes on and runs fine, but every so often, more when I have to slow down as I approach a set of lights or corner, or picking up speed from either of them, I can hear this high pitch whine sort of a ringing noise.

It starts off quiet, builds up, then fades away, lasting maybe 4- 5 seconds, the best way to describe it is like that ringing ya get in ya ears after you've been to a concert or nightclub all night.

Any ideas what it will be? Would like to get it sorted coming into summer.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Mine has a similar noise at the moment. Guessing that it is the bearing on the compressor clutch needs replacing. Have just rebuilt my alternator, replaced water pump and compressor idler pulley.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I just read something about a BMW having same issue. Was related to low AC gas. Not sure tho. Mine has just started to do it aswell. Was missing the belt when i brought it, so went to sprints and got the bosch replacement. Seemed to be a little loose as had tensioner set to maxium and still had a little slack. Might be low AC gas but still seems to be relatively cold air coming out. Loose/worn belt, low AC, tensioner bearing.... Too many variables, and of course wont happen on idle in the driveway so cant "hear" were it is exactly coming from.

I have an RD28T, so unsure on the TD/TB42.

Rick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts