Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys what does this button do it highlights when on? The single switch bottom of image

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
16,251 Posts
Looks aftermarket to me.

Reactions: grumpyone and dkril

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
2,794 Posts
Definitely aftermarket. Either trace the wires, or turn it on and off until you work out what it's for.

Keep in mind that it may be disconnected.

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,585 Posts
I'd check for wiring around the bullbar/front grill if nothing obvious happens when you turn it on and off.

·
Registered
Patrol Y60 GR from Spain
545 Posts
Well there was a idler knob there from factory but someone has removed it and replaced with aftermarket switch. You will have to trace wires and turn on and off to notice any changes as stated above.

Possibly a switch installed for manual glow plug..

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
2,794 Posts
Well there was a idler knob there from factory but someone has removed it and replaced with aftermarket switch. You will have to trace wires and turn on and off to notice any changes as stated above.

Possibly a switch installed for manual glow plug..
In a RHD drive car (which I believe this is), the hand throttle is on the RHS of the steering wheel. The mystery switch is on the left.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Hi My 2012 patrol has one like that pulled it out no wires attached but mine is in a different place but it could come in handy
My GQ has an identical one and it is to turn on aftermarket LED spotlights.

·
Registered
2002 3.0 Litre DI, auto, 2 inch lift, 33inch KO 2s
4 Posts
It could be a turbo timer. Mine has a switch and light arrangement very similar to this.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts