Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just spotted a guy across the road taking photos of our house- he's in a suit and using a decent looking slr camera. Not that unusual, but the house has a heritage order on it, so I'm pretty wary of interfering council types. So I wonder over and he starts packing up, ask if I can help and help and he says he's just taking photos of my 'hilux'... I tell him its a patrol and he gives me some crap about his brother loves them.
Pretty sus because it's nose in, you can only see the tray and it's pretty boring ( light rack folded down, shocks don't show)
So I offer to turn it around so he can get a shot of the front, but before I've even started it he's disapeared ( on foot)
My truck's fully legal and engineered right down to mudflap height, but its pretty big and lairy.
Wife saw the whole thing and says I'm just paranoid and wont be turning up in a expose' on evil, child flattening, fosssil fuel burning 4wders.

·
Registered
nissan
294 Posts
he maybe using a photo of your house as a "for sale" people go in and ask and he says "sorry its sold, but let me show you this one" .... still dodgy as, should have taken rego number ... had the same thing sort of ... "fat bloke in a merc comes up drive way and says I`ll buy your house at what you ask for" ... told him I had only been in for 2 months and not for sale ... he argued and got my rake up the side of his merc ... havent seen him since ... heh heh

·
Gunner
nissan patrol
4,162 Posts
I would be watching for if he comes back, if he does, politely ask to see some id, ie his licence. And politely tell him if he wishes to take photos of your house or troll, it is proper to ask permission first. I am a suspicious ba#$%^d, but thats me.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Mate keep your joggers on at all times for when you hear the sound of your engine screaming down the road.
Even keep an eye out for people wondering around the street.
Sounds bloody suss to me!!!

·
Registered
Nissan
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thinking he was just a random weirdo. Regardless the truck is imobilised, alarmed, tracked and chained. Might just go and run a long chain through the gates as well- no one would see it and it would make a hell of a racket.

·
Registered
nissan
82 Posts
yea id be worried, with all the threads iv read on here about trucks going missing, but hey i could be wrong. would you chance it tho?

·
Registered
nissan
161 Posts
I would be watching for if he comes back, if he does, politely ask to see some id, ie his licence. And politely tell him if he wishes to take photos of your house or troll, it is proper to ask permission first. I am a suspicious ba#$%^d, but thats me.
He can politely tell you to gagf. Same for if he's taking photos of your house, he does not need your permission, they are public photos.

The end result will be different if he's snapping pics of my house, with my kids playing on the front lawn :mad:

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
Whats all this permission stuff to take photos of your house
Google earth,take all the piks ya want
Even do virtual tours of your street

Seems suss, tho
Ive never heard of people casing cars for the black market by sitting out the front of your house gettin caught takin fotos

Just keep an eye out for a while

·
Gunner
nissan patrol
4,162 Posts
SJR & MAD MQ, thanks for pointing out the error of my nieve thinking. I thought it was against the law to be taking photos of peoples houses without thier permission but as you have said "google earth" does it all the time.

·
Registered
nissan
173 Posts
had the same sort of thing happen to me the old lady next door came over the other night and said she saw someone checking out my roof 2 days later a bloke shows up from some roof resto mob and tyies to tell me i have some cracked tiles.

i said how do you know he replies we've inspected your roof ( nwith no permission)so we are now here to offer you this package tell you what i gave him what for chased him out my front yard with a piece of 1" water pipe havnt seen them since!!

·
Registered
nissan
884 Posts
I have heard that DOT boys have been taking photos of cars in driveways, send you a letter stating that your car looks defected, and then asking you to take it to the PITS for a check. Wouldnt mind betting that you could receive a letter in the mail soon....

·
Registered
GU8 CRD
1,558 Posts
Haven't applied for a loan recently? My wife and I were nearly floored the other week when a real estate agent pulled out a 10+ year old hi-res photo of our old house adorned with my old Hilux in the driveway. Only explanation we can think of is the bank took it at a time we were applying for a car loan.

·
Registered
nissan
34 Posts
every year we get a calender laminated with a photo of our house from some real estate agents...

they dont get permission to take the photo from us (although they obviously dont need it)

just a thought.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
What did the bacon say when you called them?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts