Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just had a big fawk off hail storm, busted holes in the laserlite in the roof of the pergola, sprung a leak in the roof of the house & the wosrt thing .......DINTED MY PATROL!!!!!!

I am now sitting here wondering if it is worth claiming on insurance or not as its old & not worth much.......

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
Yep. Same thing happened here a couple of years ago. Outside Terrace roof was rooted.
Plastic is no good. Replace with corrugated iron. More strength anyhow.
As to the GQ...what's a few dents? You're not going to enter it in a beauty contest are you?

Should have seen my neighbours Korean car...Har, Har, Har, looked like it had been used as a Swat target. Carport (Coro) protected me.

You have my sympathy...get what you can on the insurance and put in an iron roof.

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
My poor trol got hit hard in a canberra hail storm in early 07, drove it back to qld and said it got hurt up here as I didnt trust canberra panel beaters.

I hate canberra for being coldy, haily and mostly in the public service but damn some girls down there could suck start a detroit diesel :razz:

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to Queensland, pi55ing rain one day, crutch rot the next...............

estcove: The pergola is part laser part iron so I was lucky, I only have 4 sheets to replace. Next doors sun room is all coloured laserlite & it got smashed & flooded. Poor buggers. Every car has been hammered.

Benny, so you went to Fyshwick while you were here then?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
"The moose, the moose, the moose is on fire..........."

It burned down a few years ago. They rebuilt it though.

·
Registered
nissan
241 Posts
What year is your GQ? I'd talk to insurance and if they write it off just buy it back off them.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What year is your GQ? I'd talk to insurance and if they write it off just buy it back off them.
92, 430,000km. I was thinking this but it seems only the bonnet is damaged, I cant see that being a 4-5 grand repair to source a new bonnet & paint it. Cost me under a grand to get the roof od the Commodore redone when it was scretched before I bought it.

·
Registered
802 Posts
That storm just missed us in Gordon but I could hear it going across the valley, the sound was incredible. Good luck with the repairs.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks ******, worst hail storm I have seen in Canberra. Well the largest anyway, I guess the worst was that one on NYE a few years ago that trapped those cars in at the Richardson shops, it was small but lots of it.

Anyway, just about to get on the roof & start ripping it up.

·
Registered
nissan
161 Posts
I also copped about half a dozen very small dents in my GQ's bonnet. Luckily not really noticable, but, I reckon if it was all shiny and clean then they will be more easily seen (haven't washed it for about a year so is covered in all sorts of stuff). GQ roof is OK, got a solid full length roof rack with a mesh floor to protect it!

I'm not going to bother repairing it or anything, the damage is minor compared to the other scrapes and dents it has! :p

FWIW, a few years ago I got a brand new bonnet for my Hilux from Pharleys Wreckers in Hume. Bonnet was $200, and they painted it for me for another $200. The colour was standard Toyota white, so dunno how they'd go if your truck has metallic paint (like the emerald green mine has).

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not a bad idea SJR, im lucky because it is white. I thought Pharleys had closed down, I have not seen John for years.....might have to go & say hello.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well looks like it will be a total loss.

Will I still be welcome here If I dont buy another Patrol???

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,364 Posts
how bad is it? id be looking at buying it back, bog n spray. most wont give you insurance if there is existing damage so id be going third party. that is of course depending on how much they want to sell it back to u for

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just going through the process now but they are talking total loss. It looks like I will know on Monday. I was thinking of that but we will see.

I am sort of keen on a newy now. Time to move on.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Just going through the process now but they are talking total loss. It looks like I will know on Monday. I was thinking of that but we will see.

I am sort of keen on a newy now. Time to move on.
what would you go for?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Missus wants a 7 seater but doesnt want to drive a truck.

Prado's are too expensive so that leaves the Pathy, the Paj or the Challenger.

The Paj third row doesnt split so that knocks it out.

The Pathy has excellent interior space for its size & the useability of the seats is fantastic.

The Challenger is a bit smaller but has a simliar seating arrangement and comes standard with climiate control, cruise, bluetooth, auto wipers/lights, selectable constant 4WD, 2 diff locks, ESC, traction control. The list goes on & its well priced.

The diff locks draws me to the Challenger in particular.

BUT when it all comes down to it, whichever car fits the three kids seats across the back the best will win.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts