Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
What Have I Done?
nissan
5,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mannn, ive never felt like a Normal stereotypical Man,

until we walking in and I saw the TV's...

You see, I don't venture into Electronics shops unless I need something,
and when I do, I just go in and get what im after and get the f out without looking sideways..

Costco's store arrangement, smart by the way, left me no room to avoid their TV's//

Wholey fkn heck, . my wife said to me...

We'll carry on, and you stay.... because I crossed my arms and was yelling, freaking out at the
Fkn ULTRA HD ..

OMFG...whowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ive never known of this,
and deffinately never seen it before..

Needless to say, I am absolutely blown away by such picture...

Now speechless still, and that don't happen often.

have you seen Ultra HD before?

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,404 Posts
Mannn, ive never felt like a Normal stereotypical Man,

until we walking in and I saw the TV's...

You see, I don't venture into Electronics shops unless I need something,
and when I do, I just go in and get what im after and get the f out without looking sideways..

Costco's store arrangement, smart by the way, left me no room to avoid their TV's//

Wholey fkn heck, . my wife said to me...

We'll carry on, and you stay.... because I crossed my arms and was yelling, freaking out at the
Fkn ULTRA HD ..

OMFG...whowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ive never known of this,
and deffinately never seen it before..

Needless to say, I am absolutely blown away by such picture...

Now speechless still, and that don't happen often.

have you seen Ultra HD before?
Can you send one to me so I can check it out?

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,017 Posts
I saw an 80" UHD Samsung T.V in Hardly Normal once.
I know what you mean, the picture was absolutely stunning! I reckon it was the best quality screen I've ever seen and even with my face almost uo against the screen I was having difficulty making out the pixels, which is impressive for an 80" screen.
The price tag was less impressive. Over $40,000

Nice as they are, they are completely pointless at the moment unless you like looking at very large photos. No videos, movies or TV channels are broadcast in that res. Most TV channels aren't even 1080p yet.

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
26,274 Posts
Nupe, never seen one and I won't buy one until the present one chits itself! :rolleyes: ;)

To me it's a bit like 3D TVs and that was never going to convince me to get one after talking to a Techy. ;)

Foo

·
Registered
nissan
708 Posts
i dont have a 4K screen, but my monitor is 2560*1440. and i have to say, that the 4K pron i have looks MIGHTYYYY fine.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

cheers

Jason

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,017 Posts
Nupe, never seen one and I won't buy one until the present one chits itself! :rolleyes: ;)

To me it's a bit like 3D TVs and that was never going to convince me to get one after talking to a Techy. ;)

Foo
We have 2 3D Smart TV's, neither was purchased for the 3D element.
3D was used once. Pretty useless feature, and I don't want to wear sunglasses when I'm watching TV.

I don't see the point of those curved TV's either, viewing angles would be rubbish.

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,797 Posts
Will be buying a TV when I get off of here (on rig and if ebloa does not kill me) and I will not be buying anything like ultra HD, or even HD unless I get it got a good price.

As mentioned they are a waste of money for what I want it for, which is watching AVI movies from a hard drive.

But I just bought a Samsung S27B970D with 2560×1440-pixel on a 27”, PLS, 1000:1 static contrast WQHD monitor for photo editing.

Not cheap, but very, very impressive colours and delineation.

The only downside is it has a bit of a reflective screen, but with back lighting on and room lights off it is outstanding so I can live with that.

Just wish my photography talents matched the screen output.

But I am working on that.

·
What Have I Done?
nissan
5,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't know the technicalities, but I have been researching some reviews, proper ones.

and all I can add, is that a uhd tv will drop dramatically in price by next end of financial year,
especially with the new trade agreements in place, and with the flood of all new tech electronics hitting our shores...

wether it be a uhd of a full hd, 12 months minimum will see a big advantage for consumers pricewise.
and that makes me very happy.

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,797 Posts
Happens all the time with new tech LJ, wait a year you will pay half the release cost as it's outdated by then.

·
What Have I Done?
nissan
5,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just saw the jbhifi catalogue in the herald today, the sony 70"Full LED HD smart tv $3196

that was $5999 once upon a time dude...

70"... farrrrrrk

im gonna wait , as I don't need one now, especially withing the very least 12 months of movin into me house,
im deffinately gonna be too busy sorting our house to be watchin tv anyways !

I like this timing !

·
Registered
nissan
1,339 Posts
Saw an 80" 4k in Japan last year, not a brand we get over here. It blew all the others in the shop away with colours, sharpness, and just plain amazing image.

I'd love one. It'll be a lotto win treat, just like lots of other unnecessary things :)~

·
Registered
Nissan
6,063 Posts
Also read the fine print when they display these ultra HD TVs.

The image is special on its own, your TV reception, DVD etc source won't come close to these very special images.

They have designed special images to highlight and make use of this Ultra HD technology.

Cheers

Justin

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,404 Posts
Is it like a special blue ray disk or something they play in store?

·
Registered
Nissan
6,063 Posts
Is it like a special blue ray disk or something they play in store?
Sort of but better than blue ray, done via computer and possibly initially filmed at very high resolution.

I was checking it out at JB Hi Fi and thought the images were beyond belief and then read the "little" disclaimer about the images.

Cheers

Justin

·
Registered
nissan
510 Posts
Youtube is already streaming selected content in 4K and I think Netflix has begun too.

It wont be too long before 4K Content is readily available.

Personally if I was in the market for a new TV I wouldn't consider anything but 4K. Especially considering the price of some of them already.

Look at this 55" one for $999 from Kogan.

Kogan 55" Agora 4K Smart 3D LED TV (UltraHD) | LED Televisions | TV & Video |

It might be a crappy brand, but 4K on a crappy brand has gotta have a better picture than 1080p on a well respected brand.

·
Registered
nissan/patrol
3,663 Posts
FYI.
The images used on these types of screen are via a 4K compatible graphics card or 4K player.
Reason I know this is because I just bought two new 4K video cameras.
Sony PMW-F55 CineAlta 4K Digital Cinema Camera
Their 4K data delivery is via SDI and HDMI. Of course all 4K TV's will only display 4K resolution if the original video is shot on a 4K camera like the two I've just purchased. I believe most TV stations now record their studio content on 4K cameras but the transmission of it over Free to air TV is not possible until the frequency shift has happened opening up a wider bandwidth.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Kogan 55" Agora 4K Smart 3D LED TV (UltraHD) | LED Televisions | TV & Video |

It might be a crappy brand, but 4K on a crappy brand has gotta have a better picture than 1080p on a well respected brand.
No, no it's not:cheers:

The panel is only one part, and seeing as there is only a couple of comapnays that make the panels, they are pretty much all the same, it IS what goes on behind panel that makes the difference, and no Kogan is ****house:lol:

You might not realise unless you put a decent TV next to YumCha, like the Kogan, but if you do, the difference is night and day, and don't even ask about Kogan's warrantee:(

·
Registered
nissan
575 Posts
I installed two 65" UHD 4k screens a little while ago for a company they were hanging from the ceiling a few meters apart - they look nice - not much 4k stuff around. Ended up downloading some 4k stuff from YouTube.

Pretty much only using them for PowerPoint presentation ATM.

I hear they are now starting to make 8k screens and 4k is now dead lol.

Putting a 75" in on Saturday not 4k. Wish they would stop getting bigger!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts