Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After pulling the radiator out, flushing all the fins which had a lot of mud in them, replacing all the foam which seals it against the aircon condensor. I decided to put back on this piece of rubber which got ripped off at lovday once but.. what is the piece im missing and does anyone have a photo they can show me? From memory its some sort of steering dampner guard which was plastic but is there also something else the other end of that rubber flap attaches to?? along that round chassis rail connector?
Photos appreciated..

Reactions: Lewisp

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,201 Posts
It is actually an air deflector, plays a part in protecting anything other than help the airflow around the engine bay. Also the gap under and in front of the radiator is covered to ensure air flows through the radiator and doesn't short cut to the easy path underneath. Sorry can't find the pic I had of mine which I had to make repairs to some time back.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
547 Posts
yep your deflector is missing is all. The rubber flap bridges the gap between the bottom of the support panel and the plastic deflector.

I had to move mine forward a tad, about an inch after I fitted the adjustable drag link

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,407 Posts
I have a spare deflector if you need one. I replaced mine with a bushskinz unit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts