·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what is it with ebay ???

The "No reserve" adds that get relisted and relisted

The "Item is advertised elsewhere" clause

The idiots that bid on your stuff . win the auction then reneg ???

Or maybe the idiots who win the auction,then want it posted across the globe for free ???

Post em up,we all need a good larf

·
Registered
nissan gu
79 Posts
The way you can't see which part of the country the item is for sale in unless it specifically says so in the ad.
It used to be under the sellers name.
Also the tiny writing and washed out look of the headings such as (Categories) etc.
If there is somewhere new where it tells you the location of the item please enlighten me.
Cheers.

·
Right Turn Clyde
nissan patrol
1,089 Posts
The way you can't see which part of the country the item is for sale in unless it specifically says so in the ad.
It used to be under the sellers name.
Cheers.

Agree, that's FN annoying since they changed that.

I set up the sort bar to be nearest first, gives you a rough idea or radius as to where things might be. :rolleyes:

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
What cheeses me off, say i want to search for a Nokia x450983 or whatever model, you type that in and 19,000 accessories show up before any phones do.

Also the dummy bidding that goes on by sellers second account, its so blatant sometimes, they keep upping the bid by say $10 till they exceed your max bid, then retract the last bid to keep you in front... just.

I've mamanged to beat them at their own game by using eBay sniper, they can all suck it now. Works a charm too.

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
GUtsy ute,
The sellers location usually is in the adds
Just under where the "Bid now" is
Middle of the add right of the pics,small writing

And yes it was alot better the way it was before

·
Autos are Superior
11,601 Posts
A4B said:
It always gets me how so many people on ebay, appear happy to pay more than new prices (or within 5%) for second hand goods :headwall:
Agree - what bout the people willing to pay double retail for **** ??? EG: GQ Cup holders, and handleheld radios a mate was flogging. Cup holders $30 from nissan, put em on Ebay for $50 and they went for $80!!!!!!!!
Hand helds, bought them from Dick Smith, and threw em on ebay, started them 10 more than he paid, and made upto $40-50 per item!!!!!! :D:D:D
Days of bargains are pretty much gone.. Way too many nuffys on Ebay now MUST WIN at all costs.

Why does anyone bid at all before the last 1 min of an auction ever?:withstup:

Idiots that thing in ANY Auction thinking they need to be leading the auction from the first minute and MUST be infront at all times to win. :withstup: Doing nothing but drilling the price up.
EG: looking for a bike for the scrapheap challenge... Watched a bike auction this week 89 bids on day 1 - each bid was for $20 :headwall: . YOU ONLY NEED TO BE INFRONT FOR 1 SECOND NOT 9 DAYS.

Every ad now having "Reserve the right to remove this blah" meaning if I dont get what I want, I'll cancel the ****in thing.:headwall:

Search function on there was written by the people who made the search engine on forums.

Why cant I search by at least State? No point me looking for furniture, cars, tools, anvils in West ****in Australia

Why can I not search WITHOUT HONG ****ING KONG, or China or any other shonk country for electrical items? And dont fall for the "the item ships from Australia"

Everytime I post an ad that says "NO PAYPAL" it gets removed for going against their terms, yet theres 2309802349802938402938402938023948029348209348 ads on there now with it.

Agree with the other dude on shipping = people win auction for $20.01 then expect free shipping on full 40ft Shipping containers of Led to Poland :withstup:

FEEDBACK IS WORTHLESS these days.

Theres 12,000,000 other things that **** me

But sadly theres no option.. I think Telstra have taken control of tradingpost website, and it has to be the worst place on earth now.

BRING BACK THE REAL TRADING POST AS A PAPER

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
It always gets me how so many people on ebay, appear happy to pay more than new prices (or within 5%) for second hand goods :headwall:
I love that when I'm selling stuff. I used to buy camera stuff that was poorly listed with no pictures then ask 1 or 2 key questions by the messaging system which would tell me what it really was.
If it was good I'd keep it, if there was anything wrong I'd give it a clean up and photograph every imperfection in fine detail then list it.
Numpties would be all over it but they are only any use if there is more than one of them. You know you were were in for a good sale when there's half a dozen bids in the first day.

One thing I hate is sniper bidding. Only I am allowed to do that. :)

·
Registered
445 Posts
Trying to sell something and getting questions like this:

"coustom bulid commputer, running a western digital 80 GB SATA as a primary drive(Windows XP)and a 180 GB ATA drive for documents, 2gig ram running dual channel there for faster, its got an intel 3GB doul core prossesor, dvd +R/-R/RW burner.
the computer has got some balls the only thing i havent put in the system is a video card. runs like a dream ive never had an issue with it!
the system is in A1 condition!
if it is easier for you to contact me on my mobile then please do so anytime day or night ive always got my phone at hand (0423274327 and my name is aron)
cheers mate

- vince9292"

or "wanna swap for a VN commodore?"

or "where can i pick the item up from?" when i clearly state it in the add and its listed at the top too.

·
Registered
Nissan
331 Posts
So what is it with ebay ???

The "No reserve" adds that get relisted and relisted

Most of the time it is the seller who is responsible for this .

Because the rates upon sale are so much higher if they put a reserve on the item , they say No Reserve but if the bids don't come up to what they want , the item is removed or they get a friend to put in a dummy bid . I know this for a fact as someone I know puts a 99c start on all his stuff . I asked what happens if he is selling a Landcruiser gearbox ? He said his mates just put dummy bids on it and then he relists it .

·
Registered
nissan
1,271 Posts
Why does anyone bid at all before the last 1 min of an auction ever?:withstup:

Idiots that thing in ANY Auction thinking they need to be leading the auction from the first minute and MUST be infront at all times to win. :withstup: Doing nothing but drilling the price up.
While 99.9% of the time i agree, sometimes, knowing i will not have access to the net near end time, i have placed early bids, and occasionally, i win items for "lesser" amounts than when ive bid in the last 30 sec :rolleyes: (work that out ?)

But sadly theres no option.. I think Telstra have taken control of tradingpost website, and it has to be the worst place on earth now.
In this day and age, the Trading Post site is very poor, i used to think it can't be this bad, and maybe the site is kept this "annoying" to encourage people to still buy the paper (ha-ha)

·
Autos are Superior
11,601 Posts
Iron Horse said:
He said his mates just put dummy bids on it and then he relists it .
but you still have to pay fees on it - yes a pittance, but if you do this 5-10 times, you may as well just pay to put the reserve on it the first place...

A4B said:
maybe the site is kept this "annoying" to encourage people to still buy the paper (ha-ha)
They killed off the paper tradingpost last year... Was a weekly thing to stop at papershop thursday mornin and buy one... :(

Also, why is the reserve price such a secret?? Its usually a sign that people want too much, but if they put that price in the ad, I'll know wether to bother watching it or not.

·
Autos are Superior
11,601 Posts
Telstra owns the thing :( Thus why the site is abysmal.

Sensis publishes Australia's White Pages and Yellow Pages telephone directories, and in 2004 purchased the Trading Post, a classified advertising periodical. In 2008 management of the Trading Post was transferred to Telstra. In 2009 the printed Trading Post was shut down. Sensis also manages several websites including:

Yellow Pages Online: an online version of the print directory
White Pages Online: an online version of the print directory
Yellow Advertiser: dedicated online resources for Yellow advertisers
Sensis.com.au: an Australian search engine
WhereIs.com: online maps and street directories
CitySearch: city-based lifestyle and entertainment guide
GoStay: online accommodation booking
Home at Yellow: a home improvement website
SouFun: a China-based property website

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
IRON HORSE,
I get what your saying

But seriously if you have a price in mind is it that hard to mention it in an add
I seen 1 patrol add
"No reserve" it had bids
Auction finished ,then got relisted,no reason givin
Then bugger me it was listed again,same issue "no reserve"and bids
Then again WTF
Surely people arent that stupid
Oh hell yeah they are

·
Registered
133 Posts
what I hate about ebay

when you are looking to buy some stuff and its listed as "pick up only", thats not the hate, its when its location is listed as "melbourne" ....... hello people melb is a big place, how hard is it to put a suburb.:mad:

·
Autos are Superior
11,601 Posts
PattoGQ said:
.... but whats the point trying to out bid each other on the first day when it still had 9 more days to go?
Yep, agree 21098203948%... but the good thing is you know what his next bid will be, and can beat it by 1cent to piss him off if you like.

when you are looking to buy some stuff and its listed as "pick up only", thats not the hate, its when its location is listed as "melbourne" ....... hello people melb is a big place, how hard is it to put a suburb.:mad:
had a similar thing, blokes location said Melbourne, fine print in the ad said bike located in Townsville.....

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.