Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Anger management pi$$es me off
nissan
7,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guy's got the car tuned after the 2860 when't on,and i put out 96.6kw atw and 345nm of the good stuff.but with 35's and 4.11 diff ratio's what would those figure's be if my finale gear ratio was factory?

·
Registered
nissan
11,152 Posts
almost impossible to be able to know. so many factors to consider it wouldnt be accurate. put some 31s on it and get it re dynoed. bout the only way you will know for sure. or pull the engine and get in on an engine dyno.

·
nissan
7,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah im not that keen to know i just thought some one might be good with the calcalator.cheers any way benos

·
Registered
nissan
517 Posts
I'm tippin a minimum of 20rwkw loss running 35's

·
Registered
59 Posts
Your power curve should be plotted against engine revs and hence it makes no significant difference
what tyres or diff ratio or other gearing you have.

Think about it for a minute - if you change gears your engine is still the same.

There is a small loss (or gain) with 35 tyres if they are wider than standard or big knobs , due to flex in rubber but this can be overcome by upping the pressures in the tyres.

rubber - but

·
Registered
778 Posts
There can be up to a 20kw loss due to large or chunky tyres. They take more effort to drive and also suffer windage. Higher tyre pressures help, but 20kw is still a large loss, especially if its running between 90-130 rwkw.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
There can be up to a 20kw loss due to large or chunky tyres. They take more effort to drive and also suffer windage. Higher tyre pressures help, but 20kw is still a large loss, especially if its running between 90-130 rwkw.
I know... I want my 20kw and 100nm back... :( Help me!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I would assume around 35% loss via the driveline diffs and tyres.
I built a V8 and input the details into the cam builders comuter program and we reckoned on about 280 hp at the flywheel.
Running through an auto and transfer case, with 35" pedes and 4.1 gears it came in at just shy of 180 rwhp. An auto will suck a bit more power than a manual too.

So 97ish kw is roughly equal to 149kw or 199hp at the flywheel, and 345nm is around 530 at the flywheel.

·
Registered
778 Posts
You are better using a power amount to determine driveline losses. Otherwise if you had a 35% loss on 100fwkw you are at 65 rwkw, if you had 200fwkw, that means you have lost 70, which isn't true. Most patrol with td42t vehicles dyno at 65-80rwkw. Std is 118fwkw I think, that gives you roughly a 40 kw driveline loss.

Andy

·
nissan
7,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cheer's andy so ya think it will be around the 120 and 450 nm?

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
Do you like how it drives?
Yes? Then forget the numbers and throw the bit of paper in the bin.
No? open your wallet some more.

·
nissan
7,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol yeah mate that i do, the wallet will be open again in a couple of month's so we will see if i go further with it

·
Registered
778 Posts
Post up your graph so we can have a look. I think 120 would be very close, or put 31's back on and get it redynoed. Then drive it, you may not want the 35's back on.

Andy

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Do you like how it drives?
Yes? Then forget the numbers and throw the bit of paper in the bin.
No? open your wallet some more.
Great advice!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts