Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all.
thought i'd check the tightness of the exhaust manifold bolts this morning, as there is a ticking sound and i'm sure its a leaky gasket. a couple needed a little tighten, but then found the bolt hole closest to firewall (on the bottom of manifold) is missing completely. aha! cuplrit found. can anyone please tell me what bolt i should be asking for at the shop? thanks.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
817 Posts
it should be a stud and nut not a bolt.

there is a good chance that the stud has snapped off in there :)
prob not what you want to hear

·
Registered
nissan
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bugger. yeah its snapped off inside :(
hole is about 10mm deep from outside of mandifold, which is 10mm thick
got torch and small mirror, and see the bolt is snapped flush with engine block ... hopefully that makes it easier to extract? whats the easiest method? tap in a left threaded bolt? or weld something onto it, heat it up and pry it out? help ;)

·
The nutty professor
8,299 Posts
get a pro to get it out , there are things called ezyouts but if it is in there tight you risk snapping off the ezyout in there as well , the ezyouts are hardened steel which will make it even harder to get out if it snaps off

·
Registered
nissan patrol
817 Posts
as above. and its always the back one which is the worst of all to get out.

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,552 Posts
And if you want your manifold to stay on tight without having to 'over tighten' the nuts, get some self locking brass stover nuts from Coventry's. They are the shizz.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts