Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I just wanted to find out what Boost and EGT gauges are being used.

I have looked at the extrmelimits one, but as I have a 4.2TD, I understand that vacuum is irrelevant to me. If that is the case i would then not want this on a gauge but instead a larger scale and range of boost sweep by the needle, you know what I mean.

cheers,

·
Registered
nissan gu 2006
36 Posts
G'Day Nushcan,

I have just brought my gauges and pillar pod for my GU 4.2TDi. I went for the Autometer gauges the part numbers are below. I have gone for electronic full sweep Boost and EGT as it suits me. I know what you mean about having a extended range on your boost when its not need. The gauges I have chosen will sit both needles at the 12 o'clock approx normal conditions (within reason).
Boost Gauge 0-30PSI 6160
EGT 0-900C 6144-M

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hey Nushcan,

I run a standard TurboSmart boost gauge and Boost COntroller you can get them at AutoBarn in a box set for $150 Yes they are a Vacuum gauge but they also show boost till 30psi. No deisel will show vacuum and unless you are going to the extreme you will never make 30psi outter you standard turbo, Standard turbo setup is around 9psi.

As for the EGT's Im running a Digital Gauge with a 3mm probe! Very very sensitive, Most other Pyro's run a 6mm or bigger probe which are very slow to heat up then in turn cool down so if you dont want to go over 500 degrees you will be there for a while before you even know it with a 6mm or bigger probe!
I got this from FM Franklin in brisbane $220 digital gauge pyro and 3m length of braided wires.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Nushcan,
Like "muddy-gu" I went with autometer "sports comp" boost and pyro but made the mistake of getting 0-35, would have got 0-30 or 25, but hey, live and learn. They work well as far as I can tell.
Boost hits 12 (stage 1 modified turbo)and temp hits 500.
Good luck.

·
Registered
nissan GU iv 2006
1,717 Posts
Hey mate, VDO for me;)

·
Registered
nissan
126 Posts
I'm using boost and EGT guages from this mob

DEPO

They were fitted by Brendon at Fulboar and I can't fault them at all.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Those guages are stepper motor types. Made in Tawan but work very well
Not sure about the ones branded Depo but they make one model with adjustable alarm which guage flashes and alarm sounds if it goes over adjustable limit
Someone on ebay had Racetech which are the same product.
I can get them but need to order big $$ worth of equipment from them
They used to come with ordinary bracket for mounting - easily remade better.

·
Registered
nissan
4 Posts
I just went with VDO as they have a 0-15psi boost gauge, I did look at others but most have vacuum and/or go to 30psi, ok if you are running higher boost but not a very good sweep if running normal boost.

·
Registered
nissan
676 Posts
My old GQ I imported Autometer gauges from the states.. On my GU I have VDO..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts