Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

20001 - 20020 of 20026 Posts

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
24,423 Posts
So our flights from work always have a couple of seats reserved for medical emergencies, just in case.

So here I am at home, after scoring an aforementioned seat.

Toothache. Never once in my life did I ever think I’d rather have a kidney stone, but I’m calling it.

Before Covid, I was supposed to have a root canal done next time home from work. Never had one before, but I’ve never heard them talked up or recommended by anyone. Then there was Covid, and since it wasn’t urgent as I was not in any pain, it got postponed. You know how it is with dentists... why put it off ‘til next week if you can put it off ‘til next month? So I procrastinated until I acquired a round tuit.

Saturday arvo it decided to remind me. Sunday it made itself crystal clear and last night I woke up about 10.30pm pretty much ready to stab myself in the eye.

So I saw the nurse to ask if could have some panadeine forte, I already had them in my just in case supplies (they certainly won’t supply them) but if I got a random D&A test this week it would show up as opiates, so I wanted it on the record. By lunch time, I was in that much pain and four fortes took half an hour to kick in and only knocked the edge of it for an hour and a half. That left me with another four (only 8 to start with up there) to last until next plane..... on Friday if not today.

Four days, with a toothache that could be getting worse, and no pain killers. Stuff the money, went back to the nurse and here I am. Had the other four tablets at the airport, this time only lasted 45 minutes. This throbbing pain in the whole left lower jaw is almost unbearable, I would definitely wish it on my worst enemy.

Dentist tomorrow morning, I’m worried they’ll say it’s infected so we can’t touch it until you’ve had antibiotics to clear it up. Stuff that, I want the pain gone. Rip the f$&#er out, whatever.

Well, more tablets and a couple of sleeping pills should hopefully knock me out til the morning, stuff the liver I’ll worry about that later
When are you blokes going to learn from my episode a few years ago? I put it off for a few weeks and then it came back with a vengeance and near gave me blood poisoning. Heart at 186bpm, bp at 180/125 and so sick that I could barely drive. IV drip for and hour and some magic oain killers administered and my heart rate and pressure finally started come down, otherwise I was being admitted to hospital because I was so close to full on blood poisoning.

Foo

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
24,423 Posts

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
14,161 Posts
Reactions: Yeti's Beast

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
24,423 Posts

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
19,659 Posts
Weather forecast for this weekend and we are going away... Might need to get T-roy to come and be on flood duties for the camp.

·
Registered
CRD Wagon
1,037 Posts
Oh, my dentist was a cute Irish Lass who cradled my head in her bosom whilst removing the nasty tooth.
That was pleasant.
Reminds me of a time my usual dentist wasnt around. I had a double abscess (sp?) and was told he wasnt around on the phone, would another dentist be ok?

I didnt really care who dealt with my problem I just wanted it done.

Low and behold, barely older than me Irish dentist, she was blonde and had a very pleasant demeanor. I enjoyed the process even though it involved a bunch of needles and drills. She was 100x better than the regular old fart who usually does my teeth.

Next time, she was not around anymore. Wpmder if she moved your way you lucky bastard.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
14,161 Posts
Just went to woolies to get some food to take away. Go to the Deli counter to get some shaved ham, none left of the one i want so i asked why she can't cut some more for me "Sorry we are not trained to cut it" WTF?
OH&S, very nasty things those slicers. If I were an employer, I wouldn’t allow any untrained staff near one, even to clean. There as bad as a kindergarten kid with a chainsaw.

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
2,338 Posts
OH&S, very nasty things those slicers. If I were an employer, I wouldn’t allow any untrained staff near one, even to clean. There as bad as a kindergarten kid with a chainsaw.
Yep. Mate of mine from primary school ended up acting manager at our local Coles for a while. Last time I saw him he was running the meat slicer in the deli, because he was the only person in the store qualified.

He said after seeing the pictures they showed in the training class, he wouldn't let anybody unqualified near it.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
24,423 Posts
Not being able to sleep, because of my back giving me stick and of course my brain not turning off. 🤬

Foo

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti cab chassis
15,328 Posts
working tomorrow foo?

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
24,423 Posts

·
06 Td42ti cab chassis
15,328 Posts
Same here mate, finished at 10..Try counting backwards from 1000..

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
24,423 Posts
Just found prescription pain killers, so have made a hot milk milo and watching the TDF, so see what happens.

Foo

·
06 Td42ti cab chassis
15,328 Posts
Did you watch My Octopus My Teacher yet?

20001 - 20020 of 20026 Posts