Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

20201 - 20220 of 20229 Posts

·
Go The Knights and Blues
32,905 Posts
Westinghouse fridge door hinges..
For such a heavy door ( once fridge contents are loaded ) their hinges are flimsy as chit..

This is probably the 4th time I've tried to budgie up a fix.. last about a year or so then flogs out again..
The whole foam insulation around the hinge flogs out also..

This time around Ive packed and loaded up with expandafoam

Finger crossed it last a bit longer than his time . Don't worry I clean it up a bit..
IMG_20201017_111358721.jpg

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
24,710 Posts
Westinghouse fridge door hinges..
For such a heavy door ( once fridge contents are loaded ) their hinges are flimsy as chit..

This is probably the 4th time I've tried to budgie up a fix.. last about a year or so then flogs out again..
The whole foam insulation around the hinge flogs out also..

This time around Ive packed and loaded up with expandafoam

Finger crossed it last a bit longer than his time . Don't worry I clean it up a bit.. View attachment 524907
Had that happen with ours about 7-8yrs ago. I didn't bother doing what you have done, I made up another thing base for it to sit on. ;) Hasn't let go since then and of course, you can't buy one, because they are a molded unit! 🤬

I rang Westinghouse and asked another base for the door and that's when they said nup, can't supply one, so I said.........Are you telling me, that I have a perfectly working fridge that can't be fixed and I will need to buy a new one? :unsure: Yes, that's right. Well like hell I do or will! 🖕

Foo

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
9,018 Posts
Its a chit design alright.. The person who designed it need to be hung shot and electrocuted..
The person that designed it is on big bucks because he designed it to fail so people buy more fridges.

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
9,018 Posts
How bloody hard is it to buy a petrol lawnmower these days, everywhere I look they have battery mowers and sold out of petrol ones or the want a lung for them.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
24,710 Posts
How bloody hard is it to buy a petrol lawnmower these days, everywhere I look they have battery mowers and sold out of petrol ones or the want a lung for them.
Dunno, I last bought one about 8-9yrs ago and it was a Talon and was only $229. :)

Foo

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
9,018 Posts
Dunno, I last bought one about 8-9yrs ago and it was a Talon and was only $229. :)

Foo
I bought mine of a mate 9 years ago for $100 might be cheaper to get it serviced and blades changed as its never been done.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
24,710 Posts
I bought mine of a mate 9 years ago for $100 might be cheaper to get it serviced and blades changed as its never been done.
I'd buy another Talon, it has started easily every time but I have replaced the pull cord and mechanism once and also the throttle control on the handle.

Foo

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
9,947 Posts
I have 2 and don’t use either, wife says sell them but nah
One is from 1976 and has sentimental value
The other is like new and a dust collector because you never know when you might need it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
14,451 Posts
‘Handyman’ could start a lawnmowing business. 😉😖😖😖

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
14,451 Posts
Had a trailer load of furniture on, a young fella on a scooter tried to do a spinny flippy trick and fell on the road in front of me. Luckily no oncoming traffic, otherwise he would have clogged up the wintertreads. (Thanks Ted Bullpit).

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
24,710 Posts
Reactions: grumpyone

·
Every dog has his day
nissan
18,319 Posts
Ever just suddenly see red and flip out?

Most mornings for the last week or two, a car has flown into the street (otherwise a quiet culdesac), beeped it’s horn and taken off again after a minute or so, presumably picking someone up, but around 6am.Nobody needs horns beeped at 6am outside their bedroom window.

This morning I was up, about to water the garden, and he did it again.

So I’ve ran out the front, and seen it was a driver training clown. As he’s gotten out of the car I’ve given the )”&$ a mouthful he won’t forget for a while and told him if he beeped his horn in this street at 6am again he’d get a f#$&ing brick through his window. He was extremely quick to jump back in the car and spluttered some crap while I glared at him, and my parting shot was ‘try it’, as I stormed off.

Felt MUCH better then, watch this space tomorrow, I have a brick ready to go lol

Pissed me off.

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
9,018 Posts
Yah a driver trainer uses his horn to let them know he's arrived, said driving instructor should know the road rules as far as using said horn as a warning devise only. report him Lee he keeps breaking the road rules.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
14,451 Posts
Caravan insurance renewal arrived by email last night, rego renewal arrived by mail now. I don’t begrudge paying it, except we haven’t been able to use it since last year due to the unexpected arrival of the tenant. He arrived a week before we were due to go to Cooktown for a month. Due to him turning up with a pup (just looking after it for a friend 🙄), he has once again demonstrated that he can’t be trusted on his own. He likes to bring his dogs into the house, big problem is he sleeps and dogs then do their business on the carpets. From having no stains, they will all need replacing.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
14,451 Posts
lock dogs in room with him
I wish, we had investment houses, bedrooms were used as dog rooms. We lost money. A mother’s love transcends any financial outcomes. Yes, I’m a big softy. I love my wife and will put up with stuff. It has reached the end though, I no longer support him in any way. His car sounds crook, probably easy to fix. His problem, not mine.

·
Every dog has his day
nissan
18,319 Posts
Tiling when you have NFI what you’re doing.

Well... that’s not entirely true... I watched a 5 minute YouTube video and read the destructions on the cement packet lol

Delayed start as a short notice pub lunch precipitated a late commencement, got two walls done, I’ll grout the bastards tomorrow and do the other two walls next break, as I’ll have to remove cistern and light switch and do around window etc for those two so I wanted to get my eye in first lol

I hate household chores out of my comfort zone but I’m too tight to bay some bugger to do it, that’s money that could be better spent on my patrol 😇

20201 - 20220 of 20229 Posts