Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

21241 - 21260 of 21314 Posts

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
2,845 Posts
I was reading a little while ago that lataest research has shown that although putting ice on muscle injuries does reduce the initial swelling, it slows down the healing. I put ice on it for a short time, just to try to keep the swelling down a bit.
Hope it heals quickly, less than two days & I'm bored already.

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
26,261 Posts
I was reading a little while ago that lataest research has shown that although putting ice on muscle injuries does reduce the initial swelling, it slows down the healing. I put ice on it for a short time, just to try to keep the swelling down a bit.
Hope it heals quickly, less than two days & I'm bored already.
Well it musta have changed big time since I had serious ligament and tendon damage, because I was put through 8hrs of hell for five days for a week with ice to numbness and then exercise till the pain started coming back and then ice till it was numb and repeat. Then the following week was 4hrs a day. :unsure:

Foo

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
2,845 Posts
Here you go Foo, some information on the latest thinking Why You Shouldn't Do RICE for Sprains
I had my first aid certificate for around 20 years & was always tought to use the Rest Ice Compression Elevation method, but things change.

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
26,261 Posts
Here you go Foo, some information on the latest thinking Why You Shouldn't Do RICE for Sprains
I had my first aid certificate for around 20 years & was always tought to use the Rest Ice Compression Elevation method, but things change.
I wasn't elevating, I was exercising and re numbing. I've posted it on my bike page and await comments from others. But you are right, thinking and methods do change over the ages. ;)

Foo

Reactions: 62woollybugger

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
17,237 Posts
Things change alright..
After my second shoulder opperation I was told only to wear a sling if needed for comfort..
My wfe had the same procedure 3 years ago and was told she even had to sleep with one on.

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
26,261 Posts
Not being able to stay in bed and sleep, gave up at 2am. 🤬 All the stuff that I've been researching keeps bombarding me, along with random dreams and thoughts. 🤬

Foo

Reactions: rgren2

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
20,262 Posts
I just got out of bed by choice to go fishing. Heading 2.5hrs north this morning. Not sure why I keep doing it to myself, weather's looking a bit dodgy too.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
20,262 Posts
Change of plans.. Weather is looking wet until about lunch time so heading 1.5hrs east to Walker Flat on the mighty Murray River, weather is looking better there. I've got the big comp for the year there next weekend so figure i should get there for a reccy run before the pre fish ban starts on Sunday night.

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
26,261 Posts
When what you think will be an easy and cheap fix for a trolley but when you go to weld a bracket onto it, you blow through the tube because it's to old and thin. Now need to go buy a new one and also a new welding helmet. 🤬 :poop:

Foo

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
16,246 Posts
Trolleys are cheap, get an electronic helmet, great for part time welders.

Reactions: Foo

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
26,261 Posts
Trolleys are cheap, get an electronic helmet, great for part time welders.
You mean one of those self changing lenses? :unsure:

This one was only 45yrs old to. :(

Foo

Reactions: rgren2

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
16,246 Posts
This hormone/chemo stuff I’m on. Mood swings and ‘filter’ seem to be disorganised.

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
17,237 Posts
Still the same...Oops sorry..wrong thread.😉

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
26,261 Posts
This hormone/chemo stuff I’m on. Mood swings and ‘filter’ seem to be disorganised.
Interest side effect. Clash with the tenant on the cards then, well more than normal?

Foo

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
16,246 Posts
I’m being careful. Road rage on the other hand. I do keep the windows up and only interact with myself.

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
9,571 Posts
The owner of our rental looking to sell, just what we need right now to be looking for another rental.

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,014 Posts
Going to the bloody shopping centre on Saturday morning.
Forgot our anniversary.
At least its only the second time...... in 4 years.

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
26,261 Posts
Going to the bloody shopping centre on Saturday morning.
Forgot our anniversary.
At least its only the second time...... in 4 years.
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 💩 you're in heaps of trouble in the future then! :unsure:

Foo

21241 - 21260 of 21314 Posts