Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

21421 - 21440 of 21483 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
7,475 Posts
Will pay be better with "permanent" tag attached? :unsure:

Foo
With current job, yes it should be, good few $ an hour, but can onky wait so long. I do enjoy the job too, and it seems obce permant they look after you pretty well.
But gotta be able to survive long enough.
Bloody child support dosent make life any easier.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissan gq
2,292 Posts
Went to start the Patrol this afternoon, turned the key & "Click". Bloody battery is dead & the inbuilt indicator (Supercharge) is showing red. Guide on the battery says "See your dealer" if it's red. Not quite 3 years old, think I need to drive it more.
Mine has given a couple of weak starts in the last few days,so I checked it over,the casing sides are starting to bulge,and I find it is 4yrs 5 mths old,not bad,so I have ordered another Bosch the same,[ South Korean ] 125D31L SMT (y)

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
16,528 Posts
I couldn’t stand it any longer, the tenants car (the one I bought him🙄) has been sitting out the front for two weeks not going, a blue tarp (one of mine🙄) covering up open windows and a flat front tire. The dumb charger has been on for two days, it was registering a dud battery, so, I got a 120ah deep cycle battery and connected to his battery via jumperleads. After about an hour I was able to put the charger back on, it’s now doing it’s thing. I grab a tire pump and go to pump up his tire, damn thing stopped, so I had to get the one out of the patrol, that did the job. The other one is working now, duty cycle of 35 minutes,BS, it only ran for about five minutes.
Will turn the charger off tonight and check the voltage in the morning.

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
17,442 Posts
should have let the grass grow over it..

Reactions: Foo

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
16,528 Posts
should have let the grass grow over it..
And look more like a houso? Not that there’s anything wrong with being a houso. 😁

Reactions: Yeti's Beast

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
11,064 Posts
I couldn’t stand it any longer, the tenants car (the one I bought him) has been sitting out the front for two weeks not going, a blue tarp (one of mine) covering up open windows and a flat front tire. The dumb charger has been on for two days, it was registering a dud battery, so, I got a 120ah deep cycle battery and connected to his battery via jumperleads. After about an hour I was able to put the charger back on, it’s now doing it’s thing. I grab a tire pump and go to pump up his tire, damn thing stopped, so I had to get the one out of the patrol, that did the job. The other one is working now, duty cycle of 35 minutes,BS, it only ran for about five minutes.
Will turn the charger off tonight and check the voltage in the morning.
Must suck having to buy batteries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
2,910 Posts
When you start a new job and an even better one is offered to you in the same week.

Take it, I've seen people walk out of jobs after less than a week.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
16,528 Posts
Must suck having to buy batteries

Won’t be buying a new one for him. Just trying to do a Lazarus on this one. 😵‍💫

·
17,442 Posts
I hope you washed it and fueled it up for him.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
16,528 Posts
He did take (with mum’s permission) the recently filled and cleaned Hyundai to the doctors today. 🙄 Probably doesn’t even realise what I’ve done.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
16,528 Posts
Won’t be buying a new one for him. Just trying to do a Lazarus on this one. 😵‍💫
Alrighty, yesterday the battery was at 2.5V, took it off the charger at about 5pm and it was reading 12.2 V, this morning at 6.15am (very cold 🥶) it’s reading 11.9V, this is the third time that this battery has been to the edge of extinction, it’s just over 12 months old. On the charger again, will leave it there for a coupla days. FIGJAM. 🤔😁

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
11,064 Posts
Alrighty, yesterday the battery was at 2.5V, took it off the charger at about 5pm and it was reading 12.2 V, this morning at 6.15am (very cold ) it’s reading 11.9V, this is the third time that this battery has been to the edge of extinction, it’s just over 12 months old. On the charger again, will leave it there for a coupla days. FIGJAM.
Leave it on till the charger says it’s CHARGED !!!
My pet hate. Taking batteries off chargers when they are not ready.
If it’s not charged after 24 solid hours it’s most likely stuffed

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
16,528 Posts
Leave it on till the charger says it’s CHARGED !!
If it had dropped back to 2.5V, I would have known that I would be wasting my time with it. 🙄
I could have then gleefully announced that the battery was DED. 😁

·
17,442 Posts
Leave it on till the banger is CHARRED !!!
My pet hate. Taking snags off bbq's when they are not ready.
If it’s not charred after 24 solid hours it’s most likely stuffed.

Sounds like a cook up at idiots..

Reactions: Foo

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
11,064 Posts
If it had dropped back to 2.5V, I would have known that I would be wasting my time with it.
I could have then gleefully announced that the battery was DED.
He must of drained it to be that flat. A good charged battery will hold up near 11 + volts for 12 months if left sit.
Most likely it’s sulphate and won’t be 100% capacity anymore

·
17,442 Posts
He must of drained it to be that flat. A good charged battery will hold up near 11 + volts for 12 months if left sit.
Most likely it’s sulphate and won’t be 100% capacity anymore

send the poor bugger a new one then..

21421 - 21440 of 21483 Posts