Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

21441 - 21460 of 21483 Posts

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
16,528 Posts
He must of drained it to be that flat. A good charged battery will hold up near 11 + volts for 12 months if left sit.
Most likely it’s sulphate and won’t be 100% capacity anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Car wouldn’t start (don’t know, wasn’t asked), so you keep sitting in it, wind windows (electric) up and down, dome light on, radio on. Coupla weeks, that’ll do it. 🙄

·
Registered
9,664 Posts
Car wouldn’t start (don’t know, wasn’t asked), so you keep sitting in it, wind windows (electric) up and down, dome light on, radio on. Coupla weeks, that’ll do it. 🙄
Why does this sound so familiar to my place.

Son messaged to asked me this morning if I can do a jump start on his car. I said, why, you have a battery charger, I know this because I gave it to you a few weeks ago. And you have my jumper cables too, but I am off the road, I can't walk even the short 1 km over the hill to your place, or even drive over the hill to help you if my car was working and Mums at work. I have a spare battery here but you need to come and get it somehow. At least he's worked out you Can't push start an auto.

Why can't you plug the charger in? "Oh I tried but the block of wood that's under the battery clamp to hold the loose battery in place has slipped and is blocking the positive terminal". And he's the Engineer in the family, esssh. Probably something to do with him having brain-fade from being up all night finishing final assignments for his Masters, so I do feel sorry but love to have a whinge when I can.

·
Registered
9,664 Posts
Atm, he’s sitting in the car with the doors open, probably has the radio on, all I have done this morning has been negated.
Why do I bother. 😖
Just wait till the battery goes flat and his radio goes off.

I have to give mine some credit, while I have been having an afternoon nap it appears that he has walked over and got the wheelbarrow and the spare battery out of the garage. The need for mobility and independence must have been stronger than I thought, well done.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
16,528 Posts
Mum, I need to borrow the car tomorrow, is that ok. Yes.
Meanwhile, I’ll be at the granddaughter’s place digging drainage.

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
26,475 Posts
Mum, I need to borrow the car tomorrow, is that ok. Yes.
Meanwhile, I’ll be at the granddaughter’s place digging drainage.
You shouldn't be digging any holes or drains. Gunna slap you if you don't start looking after yourself and the sooner that those around you realise that you're not a 20 something year old, that better! 🤬

Foo

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
17,442 Posts
Sorry Rod, but you should have stepped in and told the useless tub of monkey spunk that you needed a hand today..
You have been through enough shjt lately..Foo is right..Foo and I might come up and do a tag team on you.

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
26,475 Posts
When you can't find the wiring loom for the LED light bar. 🤬 Thought I'd get moving and put it on but can't remember where I stashed it. :poop:

Foo

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
26,475 Posts
get a harness from STEDI mate..They are easy to use and made very well.
Why would I spend more money on something that I already have, some where? :unsure: 🥴 It will turn up again. 🙂

Foo

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
16,528 Posts
Why would I spend more money on something that I already have, some where? :unsure: 🥴 It will turn up again. 🙂

Foo
When you don’t need it anymore. 🙄

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
11,064 Posts
Went to visit the outlaws today to have possibly the last family day with the FIL.
Poor guy has tumors all over his body and he is completely yellow. I’ve never seen such a thing. Even his eyes are yellow.
Won’t be around for much longer, but what cheeses me off the most is that his wife is refusing to take him to see a doctor, claiming they don’t know anything. He listens to her and never argues.
So this cheeses me off to see a good man suffer this way

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
2,910 Posts
Someone else in the family needs to step in & take him to a doctor. She could face some serious charges for not getting him medical treatment when he obviously needs it.

·
17,442 Posts
Mike is right Brad..
You wouldnt let your dog suffer like that..
What..Are they backward or something??

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
11,064 Posts
Mike is right Brad..
You wouldnt let your dog suffer like that..
What..Are they backward or something??
I’ve said all that including the part about a dog and it falls on deaf ears, no body stands up to her. The other BIL won’t help back me , the son walks away and it’s just me saying help the poor bugger.

·
17,442 Posts
I’ve said all that including the part about a dog and it falls on deaf ears, no body stands up to her. The other BIL won’t help back me , the son walks away and it’s just me saying help the poor bugger.

Ring the poor bastard an ambulance and have the old mole charged with neglect.

21441 - 21460 of 21483 Posts