Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
21821 - 21840 of 21928 Posts

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GU IV
18,723 Posts
Ummm, I must have missed something. So you're not working for the bloke that you were anymore? 🤔

Foo
Yeah, but pretty unhappy about some aspects of our current circumstances and I’ve been thrown in the deep end supervising on a construction job that is way beyond my scope of experience, not to mention a plethora of incompetent idiots I have to deal with lately.

Dont really matter what the carlton mug is doing as long as he gets cracking on that ute before junior gets back..:ROFLMAO:
Funny you should say that… got cab painted, looks Hollywood. Put old tray and bull bar back on until new one built.

Saw my mate today to discuss a Hollywood tray, booked for November. I modded a steel bull bar and dropped it off at XTreme coating as well. Pub lunch with Sydo shortly to discuss a pile of superior engineering suspension and then I’ll pop around Matt’s from UFI and sort his pump, intercooler and turbo.

Here it is with cab painted;

I guess I’ll be fiddling with it while he’s working in Antarctica so it should look pretty Hollywood by the time he gets back.
That‘s in my spare time of course, still have my own patrol to work on, and camper to fix, lawns to mow… and home 6 days out of 28 for a while. Mint.

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
18,185 Posts
Sexxy..
He is lucky he has you as his old man..
My old man wouldnt have given you a wave if he owned an ocean. ;)

·
Registered
nissan gq
2,477 Posts
Pros;

The way China is going the price of iron ore will drop a lot - Brazil’s Rio mines are recovered from the dam collapse in ‘19, and China is going hammer and tongs to get their own mines up and running in Africa. So demand will be compromised and the price will plummet within the next couple of years I think. China buys nearly 3/4s of our iron so that’s not good.

Gold… on the other hand… only 3% goes to China, and not only that but when the economy has issues the price of gold generally goes up not down. And this gold mine has a sizeable new deposit and is extending one of the main pits so has a mine life of at least another decade… without finding any further deposit expansion.

Seems I’d be better off in gold than iron ore?

Plus the plant maintenance crew is a great bunch of people and the place has a good atmosphere, There’s scope for moving up the food chain in due course and I believe I’d learn a lot.

Cons;

7 nightshifts a month.

We’re all different but I despise it, no matter how tired I am the body clock won’t play the game and with the amount of sleeping tablets I need my liver will dribble out of my arse.

Meh.
Westgold ?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
7,495 Posts
Where do a bloody start.
Last night our girls complained about pee like smell in my 11yr old boys room (has high functioning autism).

Hes getting to that age that i first thought maybe thee old wet dreams had started, thinking surely hes not wetting the bed. We have had a the puberty talk already.

Tried having a talk to him but didnt get a defibite out of him.
Wife had a chat with him...turns out the luttle feral hasnt wanted to walk to the toilet so has been just peeing in the middle of his room on the carpet .

Needless to say last night i wasnt speechless and there wasnt enough scotch in the house.
FIL input...."you pee on his bed" sort of response I'd expect from Leethal.

Ontop of all this I've been fighting with paediatrician, who's an absolute douche.
Has refused to look into other medication options for my boy, only wanting to up dosage, and telling me to feed him more Junk Food, yes that was his exact words. After ive told him that my boy cabt handle processed foods, makes him crook as a dog throwing up etc.

Requested a transfer to different one but apparently the current has to approve it first, and of course has refused.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
2,640 Posts
Seems I’d be better off in gold than iron ore?
Yes ........... and fixed roster seals the deal.

My brother is working in gold (construction) atm. Roster is supposed to be 2 and 1. Two months on one month off. So far he has been there since April with all return flights cancelled. Might get home for Xmas. He does get paid local R & R.

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,102 Posts
Poor old SD head is probably junk.
Cracks between valves on all 6 cylinders
Cracked pre comb chambers on all 6
2 cracked exhaust valve seats
Heavy pitting in cyl 4 and some pitting in cyl 2.

So, spare head is at the engine builders - clean up, check flatness, install valves, check valve seal and cut if necessary. It's already been pressure tested and came up good.
I'm still getting the cracked head pressure tested against all odds that it might be okay, hot test at 100psi should show any issues. I don't have a spare anymore and want to know if I can rebuild this one if necessary. Also because I'm an idiot who throws fistfuls of money at garbage old Nissan boat anchors.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
[QUOTE="Heavensent, post: 7075954, member: 55874"

Ontop of all this I've been fighting with paediatrician, who's an absolute douche.
Has refused to look into other medication options for my boy, only wanting to up dosage, and telling me to feed him more Junk Food, yes that was his exact words. After ive told him that my boy cabt handle processed foods, makes him crook as a dog throwing up etc.

Requested a transfer to different one but apparently the current has to approve it first, and of course has refused.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

That’s terrible advice from the paediatrician. I just don’t know why some of them spend so much time studying to do a job they aren’t interested in.

We had one for me young bloke. Wife understood we were never to visit him again. Made me so angry.
Gave him all the symptoms. His first answer is. Well it can’t be that.
Talks and pokes for an hour. Then says. Well I got no idea. So I will just put it down as what I said it definitely wasn’t in the first 5mins of the consult.

Get a referral to someone smarter. And she was fricken awesome. Gave so much support and went looking for answers everywhere.
We still don’t have an exact answer to the problem. But I have no doubt that everything was looked at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissan patrol
7,495 Posts
[QUOTE="Heavensent, post: 7075954, member: 55874"

That’s terrible advice from the paediatrician. I just don’t know why some of them spend so much time studying to do a job they aren’t interested in.

We had one for me young bloke. Wife understood we were never to visit him again. Made me so angry.
Gave him all the symptoms. His first answer is. Well it can’t be that.
Talks and pokes for an hour. Then says. Well I got no idea. So I will just put it down as what I said it definitely wasn’t in the first 5mins of the consult.

Get a referral to someone smarter. And she was fricken awesome. Gave so much support and went looking for answers everywhere.
We still don’t have an exact answer to the problem. But I have no doubt that everything was looked at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]Its ridiculous hey.

Theres an 18 months wait over for them

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
17,340 Posts
The hormone treatment that I’m on, reduces muscle mass (the chicken arms are now quail arms), physical activity has to be in short bursts with lots of recovery time, appetite is non existent. I still have about a month and a half to go.

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
18,185 Posts
Get the useless one to make you up a batch of cookies..Will help you gain back your appetite and help you gain some condition.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
17,340 Posts
I like Tim tams, occasionally. 🤣 I do eat my fruit daily, lady finger bananas and pink lady apples.
I like my ladies. 😁

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
49,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21,836 ·
When you walk out to a store carpark and as you get close to your vehicle you see fresh water and/or oil under the vehicle that turns out to have nothing to do with yours....................

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
17,340 Posts
When you walk out to a store carpark and as you get close to your vehicle you see fresh water and/or oil under the vehicle that turns out to have nothing to do with yours....................
💩💩💩😩🤔😆😆😆

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
9,866 Posts
46 minutes on the phone to Centrelink due to not being able to register on My Gov. Apparently I have duplicate CRN's and they have my name wrong. So tomorrow I will get a call if and when they sort it out.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
17,340 Posts
46 minutes on the phone to Centrelink due to not being able to register on My Gov. Apparently I have duplicate CRN's and they have my name wrong. So tomorrow I will get a call if and when they sort it out.
Make an appointment with the closest Centrelink, talk to a human. Face to face is the surest way to solve this problem.

Reactions: geeyoutoo and Foo

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
17,340 Posts
Two texts today about parcels telling me to click on link, don’t think so, then the wife gets a phonecall from ‘Border Force’ about parcel containing illegal stuff. Follow the prompts, hope they followed my instructions to them. 🖕Call came from Romania. 🙄

21821 - 21840 of 21928 Posts