Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
21841 - 21860 of 21928 Posts

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
17,340 Posts
Another phonecall, same story, gave them the same message. This call came from Australia.

Reactions: grumpyone and Foo

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
49,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21,842 ·
Two texts today about parcels telling me to click on link, don’t think so, then the wife gets a phonecall from ‘Border Force’ about parcel containing illegal stuff. Follow the prompts, hope they followed my instructions to them. 🖕Call came from Romania. 🙄
Lol, I had around 8 calls from 'Homeland Security' followed by a recorded US female voice telling me I was in trouble for something or other, the numbers varied but there was a pattern, they stopped around 2 days ago.

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
27,126 Posts
Two texts today about parcels telling me to click on link, don’t think so, then the wife gets a phonecall from ‘Border Force’ about parcel containing illegal stuff. Follow the prompts, hope they followed my instructions to them. 🖕Call came from Romania. 🙄
Yeah I started getting that one yesterday late. :rolleyes:

Foo

Reactions: grumpyone

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
9,866 Posts
Make an appointment with the closest Centrelink, talk to a human. Face to face is the surest way to solve this problem.
I did go to office first was there half hour thought was all sorted , got home and wasn't . Lovely girl on phone called back today and all fixed . They had my name in file with - between each name.

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,102 Posts
looks like I'm paying for cyl head and manifold machine work.
Intake manifold has an imprint from the POS aftermarket perforated steel gasket that the last guy used, and the exhaust manifold had a bit of pitting and corrosion and was a little warped.

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
20,624 Posts
Month today since i was last out on the kayak... :(

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
27,126 Posts

·
1986 SD33T SWB
11,102 Posts
Just split one of the bloody A/C hard lines FFS.
Tried to very gently massage a small bend out of the stupid thin ally and it started pissing gas and oil out from around a (factory) bend and 6 inches away from where I was working it.
None of my spares or other cars are here yet, so I can't go pillaging parts, can't solder the pipe in situ, removing the pipe and soldering would be fine, aside from needing another A/C charge, but I don't have a torch here either.

On top of everything else that broke that was definitely, maybe, not my fault we are currently not on speaking terms.

The bloody Patrol was flawless as a daily, but as soon as it becomes a second car and I bought Patrol #6 its done nothing but break. Which, once again, definitely maybe not my fault.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
17,340 Posts
I’ve had three days of 💩, food only lasts about 10 minutes. I need to rehydrate, tried water, going to try beer. Don’t know if it’s from my treatment or from the Rona needle I had. 🤬

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
17,340 Posts
I have fruit, usually an apple and a couple of bananas.

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
3,071 Posts
Bloody OH & S shyte. I have to spend the next two days doing an OH & S course via MS Teams or I can't do any more jobs. :mad:

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
3,071 Posts
Trying to be retired, but they keep giving me work, which = $$$$. Got 3 more jobs up in Northern NSW over the next couple of months, but with QLD & WA not letting anyone in, could be a while before I do any more.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Bloody OH & S shyte. I have to spend the next two days doing an OH & S course via MS Teams or I can't do any more jobs. :mad:
But OHS is so important to us as a company. And to provide the safest place for you to work.

Oh wait the fix costs more than 20c. Ahhhh. It’s alright you probably want die.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
3,071 Posts
There's been a big fire in the factory there today, seems a contractor was welding on the roof & didn't follow proper hot work procedures.

·
1986 SD33T SWB
11,102 Posts
Did they cover hot work in your OH&S nonsense? Or were you using the course time to catch up on valuable sleep?
Step 1: Don't set yourself and/or buildings on fire.
Step 2: Double pluggers as a minimum - single pluggers have an increased risk of blow out. Non flammable base and strap materials preferred.
Step 3: Do not stare at arc while welding, look away and/or close eyes.

21841 - 21860 of 21928 Posts