Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
21861 - 21880 of 21928 Posts

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GU IV
18,723 Posts
So you’re feeding $30k worth of 400mm2 cable through a pit to where the crusher is going to be planted on Tuesday…

Photograph World Sky Red Snapshot

Helmet Wood Orange Headgear High-visibility clothing

And then you REPEATEDLY specify to cut it 3 metres above GROUND LEVEL and very specifically NOT from the bottom of the pit.

So the f$&@dumb $&@)s cut all of them 3 metres from base of pit.

I am about to flip out.

Frantically waiting for engineer to email a GA of the MCC so I can work out if cables will reach.

Option A; pull it all out and start again but need to buy another $50k minimum of cable for other runs

Option B; may be able to cut legs shorter on MCC lol

Once crusher is there I can’t pull any more cables as winch won’t fit around the back so that’s it unless I get the 988 loader to skull drag it up the back of the ROM pad.

geez I am stressed.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
17,340 Posts
Tenant asks mum to use my mini q barbecue. There have been some interesting pyrotechnics.
He’s got it alight and is using spray oil on it. 😖 NFI
Lid up and down like a brides nighty.

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
2,640 Posts
So you’re feeding $30k worth of 400mm2 cable through a pit to where the crusher is going to be planted on Tuesday…

View attachment 534828

View attachment 534829

And then you REPEATEDLY specify to cut it 3 metres above GROUND LEVEL and very specifically NOT from the bottom of the pit.

I am about to flip out.

Frantically waiting for engineer to email a GA of the MCC so I can work out if cables will reach.

Option A; pull it all out and start again but need to buy another $50k minimum of cable for other runs

Once crusher is there I can’t pull any more cables as winch won’t fit around the back so that’s it unless I get the 988 loader to skull drag it up the back of the ROM pad.

geez I am stressed.
You can join them fookers a pita but can be done if you have enough cable, crimper and links etc. Biggest I have done is 630mm two per phase and 500mm three per phase. Years ago ago we were dragging in some 11kv hv cable to an RMU. Some how it got a kink in it. Luckily the client was happy for a hv joint at our cost.

Put this down to experience. You have now gained a ****e load. And if your balls are on the line trust no one.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
11,376 Posts

View attachment 534828

View attachment 534829

I am about to flip out.

geez I am stressed.
Wouldn’t happen on a Gold mine !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
18,185 Posts
On the news last night they were saying how the price of fruit and veg is going to go through the roof because of the shortage of backpackers (covid) ..Why not send a few useless Aussie dole bludgers to do it?? What happened to work for the doll.?

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
11,376 Posts
On the news last night they were saying how the price of fruit and veg is going to go through the roof because of the shortage of backpackers (covid) ..Why not send a few useless Aussie dole bludgers to do it?? What happened to work for the doll.?
It’s too hard to get the dole now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
nissan
1,771 Posts
They wont let the backpackers in who work for cheap just to get a temporary work/ holiday visa

Reactions: Yeti's Beast

·
Here To Be Entertained
Currently not a vehicle owner
12,148 Posts
Why should the farmers have to put up with them?

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
17,340 Posts
There was a push to pay pickers at an hourly rate 🙄 , yeah right, I can see that working for the farmer. NOT.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
17,340 Posts
I’m really pi$$ed off, I made a small bench seat for the smokers at the local school, saved them sitting in the gutter to have their durries, then I added a couple of small butt bins on either end. Weeeeell, everything was there when I came back from lunch. After school and parents picked up their crotch goblins, both butt bins have been stolen. Next lot will be fastened in with tec screws. I bring in the seat on fridays and put it back out on Monday morning. Fcn low life. 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Before the butt bins.
Wood Hardwood Gas Musical instrument Bottle Wood Rectangle Wood stain Hardwood Gas Outdoor bench Furniture Plant Leaf Rectangle
Wood Hardwood Gas Musical instrument Bottle
Wood Rectangle Wood stain Hardwood Gas
Outdoor bench Furniture Plant Leaf Rectangle

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,102 Posts
I've long wondered what combination of events in someone's life would lead to the conclusion that stealing an ash tray is anything but a bad idea.
It seems to be a thing, but I just can't figure out why.

What's the end goal? A minor inconvenience? Bragging about owning a $1.50 plastic cup with a hole in the lid? Trying to find a wet, half smoked, ash covered dart because you're that desperate?

Had one pinched from my ex girlfriend's front porch once, and the worst part of it was just trying to figure out why...
If you're gonna go to the effort of stealing something, wouldn't you want to make it worthwhile?

·
Registered
GQ 1992 TD42 NA lwb
479 Posts
I've long wondered what combination of events in someone's life would lead to the conclusion that stealing an ash tray is anything but a bad idea.

What's the end goal? A minor inconvenience? Bragging about owning a $1.50 plastic cup with a hole in the lid? Trying to find a wet, half smoked, ash covered dart because you're that desperate?

Had one pinched from my ex girlfriend's front porch once, and the worst part of it was just trying to figure out why...
If you're gonna go to the effort of stealing something, wouldn't you want to make it worthwhile?
I think they take the butts and are then able to put whatever tobacco is left in a roll your own cigarette and smoke it.

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
18,185 Posts

Have you seen the price of a pack of cancer sticks lately?

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
17,340 Posts
These would have been primary school kids or their parents. 🤔

Reactions: Foo

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
17,340 Posts
Oh yes, can see it, some dodgy parent telling their little scrote to go and grab them. That way, if caught, they can then blame their spawn.
There are low life every where, you can see them sitting at home gloating over their ill gotten gains. Last of the big time crims. 🙄

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,102 Posts
Have you seen the price of a pack of cancer sticks lately?
Chop chop is cheap enough to where its 100% better than ash tray diving to get a few little half burned flakes of tobacco lol.

I think they take the butts and are then able to put whatever tobacco is left in a roll your own cigarette and smoke it.
Seems to me you'd be better off stealing something valuable, selling it, then using the money to buy smokes.
Or y'know, getting a job.

The proportion of effort vs the benefit is pretty damn terrible.
Perhaps the sort of people that steal ash trays don't think that way.

Even if its teenagers... chop chop. You're not gonna get ID checked getting chop chop.

Reactions: Yeti's Beast
21861 - 21880 of 21928 Posts