Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
22061 - 22080 of 22108 Posts

·
Premium Member
nissan patrol
627 Posts
OK. The sus battery dropped to 10.5 as I started the wagon just now. But it did fire up just fine.
I have my solar panel on the roof basket ATM for back up....
FYI, 2 y.o. 100amp altenator.

·
Premium Member
nissan patrol
627 Posts
2 things I've learnt after decades of working with battery powered tools.
1. Batteries don't like heat.
2. Don't leave them partially charged.
Do you agree??
On the heat front, I've just moved both Batteries to the back of the wagon in an insulated box with a cooling fan.
I was shocked to find a 300mm square hole built in to the radiator shroud right in line with the auxiliary battery...... just getting soaked with hot air straight out of the radiator.
Would you consider that enough to affect the battery??
Why the heck is that hole in the shroud anyway???

Reactions: Yeti's Beast

·
Registered
GQ 1992 TD42 NA lwb
638 Posts
Sorry to cut in on y b normal's discussion,
After picking up the troublesome 2012 2.2l TD mazda cx5 from the mechanic yesterday after its turbo replacement his findings were the turbos in that year were very diffrent to the 2013 second hand turbo i supplied him to fit as a replacement, he found that the flap that has broken off on the 2012 turbo was upgraded on the 2013 turbo made alot stronger he said which indicates to me that mazda obviously knew they had an issue and fixed it in the next model released. Something that they didnt tell me about, also the wrecker where i brought the second hand turbo mentioned that he sold all his turbos to mazda dealers.
My mechanic urged me to talk to mazda oz again and if they dont agree to reimburse me then report it to consumer protection.
I suspect mazda isnt going to fold very easy and this might take months of fighting to get our money back, my question is i would like to sell this mazda now will i still be able to get reimbursement if we dont own the vehicle?.
Pics of the turbo and the round flap which originally had a rivet holding it on also pic of chewed up turbine from rivet.
Automotive tire Grey Asphalt Road surface Automotive wheel system
Rim Automotive wheel system Gas Circle Auto part

Attachments

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
17,567 Posts
I’m in shock 😱 a dealership trying to weasel out of their obligations. That’s a newy for me. 😳

·
Premium Member
nissan patrol
627 Posts
Just looked at them on the link you gave.
Definitely will be my next battery.
Appreciate the input dude.👍

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
11,503 Posts
I’m in shock a dealership trying to weasel out of their obligations. That’s a newy for me.
Yes , Mazda has fixed everything on my car
NOT !!!!!!!
I have a receipt that says they removed and installed a new actuator for my heater and it was done on a Saturday!
It was still playing up and I took it back.
They denied ever fixing it and said we would never do that on a Saturday because we need permission from Mazda.
They also said the receipt was fake as they couldn’t find it in the system
All along I was talking to the same guy that did all this.
I literally blew up at him which didn’t help because he simply said get it fixed elsewhere if your not happy.
Wtf !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
GQ 1992 TD42 NA lwb
638 Posts
Amaron battery very good unfortunately last time i went to purchase to replace the one i had battery world told me they stopped bringing them to WA, thought it was wierd couldnt shop around so went with the red century battery instead 😢

·
Registered
GQ 1992 TD42 NA lwb
638 Posts
NOT !!!!!!!
I have a receipt that says they removed and installed a new actuator for my heater and it was done on a Saturday!
They denied ever fixing it and said we would never do that on a Saturday because we need permission from Mazda.
I literally blew up at him which didn’t help because he simply said get it fixed elsewhere if your not happy.
Wtf !!!

Ill make it my mission in the next months to fight them! 😤

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
11,503 Posts
Its very disappointing because as the mechanic has said the car had been meticulously looked after and turbo should really last longer than 150000ks.
When I was looking for a new car, I almost traded the CX9 for a CX5 diesel and was advised against it because of the issues with the Diesel engines blowing up.
So that’s why I sold the Patrol with 400,00k untouched to buy the BT50.

·
Registered
GQ 1992 TD42 NA lwb
638 Posts
When I was looking for a new car, I almost traded the CX9 for a CX5 diesel and was advised against it because of the issues with the Diesel engines blowing up.
So that’s why I sold the Patrol with 400,00k untouched to buy the BT50.

Spoke to a few reputable mechanics here in the west and all advised to stay away from ANY mazda diesel's, petrol high ks no worries buy on absolutely bulletproof, diesel's turn around and run!

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
11,503 Posts
Amaron battery very good unfortunately last time i went to purchase to replace the one i had battery world told me they stopped bringing them to WA, thought it was wierd couldnt shop around so went with the red century battery instead
The supplier of Amaron to B World lost the contract to import the product.
A new company has the contract to import but not to supply B world officially.
Some B world stores still have them unofficially.
If anyone wants them in WA, let me know and I will find out who sells them over there for you.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
11,503 Posts
Spoke to a few reputable mechanics here in the west and all advised to stay away from ANY mazda diesel's, petrol high ks no worries buy on absolutely bulletproof, diesel's turn around and run!
My 2 sons both bought the petrol CX5 and I figured my BT was a poor man’s Ranger so it should be ok.

·
Registered
GQ 1992 TD42 NA lwb
638 Posts
My 2 sons both bought the petrol CX5 and I figured my BT was a poor man’s Ranger so it should be ok.

Thats the thing with newer cars, and if you look at why many people trade in after 3 or 4 years of owning you understand they do it because they're not confident they wont have trouble with it now that warranty has ended.

·
Registered
GQ 1992 TD42 NA lwb
638 Posts
I knew little about them till I started work here 4 months ago. Everyone raves about them.
We offer 40 months warranty on the ones we sell.

Theyre made in india yea?
I was sus at first but decided to buy anyway just to try something new.
When i was told they wont be available anymore i was disappointed.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
11,503 Posts
Theyre made in india yea?
I was sus at first but decided to buy anyway just to try something new.
When i was told they wont be available anymore i was disappointed.
Yes made in India, all the Indian truck drivers and taxi drivers love them lol.
I know of a guy that sells these products through Central Oz and NT and swears they handle the heat and vibration better than other brands.
I’ve put one in the BT , so fingers crossed it works ok.

·
Registered
GQ 1992 TD42 NA lwb
638 Posts
Yes made in India, all the Indian truck drivers and taxi drivers love them lol.
I know of a guy that sells these products through Central Oz and NT and swears they handle the heat and vibration better than other brands.
I’ve put one in the BT , so fingers crossed it works ok.

You will love it, ive always been a century man as they are made here but there longevity is shocking. Amaron lights left on the old gq many times completely flat jump start away you go, century do that two times and its not the same again. So far the century has been in since late 2019 so im guessing late 2022 ill be in the market for a new battery.

·
Registered
CRD Wagon
1,495 Posts
NOT !!!!!!!
Wtf !!!

They can get CRuDs going pretty good these days. Thought it might pertinent for when the Ranger splodes.

22061 - 22080 of 22108 Posts