Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
22081 - 22100 of 22108 Posts

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,171 Posts
Interesting. I've had a good run with Century batteries.
My last one I had for 6 years, and it was a couple years old at the time as it came in another car. It was discharged to 6-7 volts a few times, and it only ever got topped up with tap water when it was already way too low. Never cared too much about it, hence the cycle of abuse and neglect. Figured since I discharged it to 6 volts the day I got it, it was on borrowed time but it just kept going.
Once I properly boiled all ability to start the old SD out of it, it did duty as a second battery for another year or so running fridges and lights etc until it stopped holding a charge at all.
It is an SCA, but made by Century/Yuasa, so I assume they're pretty much the same.

.... sorry Brad. I treat my new battery nicer.

The battery I had before that was also a Century I believe, and that lasted pretty well. Current battery is also a Century, that's only 4 months old though.
My old man got nearly 10 years out of his last set of Century's, but for whatever reason the dual battery isolator connected the batteries during cranking, which likely helped battery life.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
11,503 Posts
Interesting. I've had a good run with Century batteries.
My last one I had for 6 years, and it was a couple years old at the time as it came in another car. It was discharged to 6-7 volts a few times, and it only ever got topped up with tap water when it was already way too low. Never cared too much about it, hence the cycle of abuse and neglect. Figured since I discharged it to 6 volts the day I got it, it was on borrowed time but it just kept going.
Once I properly boiled all ability to start the old SD out of it, it did duty as a second battery for another year or so running fridges and lights etc until it stopped holding a charge at all.
It is an SCA, but made by Century/Yuasa, so I assume they're pretty much the same.

.... sorry Brad. I treat my new battery nicer.

The battery I had before that was also a Century I believe, and that lasted pretty well. Current battery is also a Century, that's only 4 months old though.
My old man got nearly 10 years out of his last set of Century's, but for whatever reason the dual battery isolator connected the batteries during cranking, which likely helped battery life.
Ha ha
I hate batteries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
3,128 Posts
I've had a couple of Amarons, the first lasted about 9 years. Replaced it with another, but it dropped a cell a few weeks later, probably just a bad one. Replaced under warranty & got around 6 years from that one. Would get another next time if I could find them around here.

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
18,392 Posts
The roundabout where the asx came to rest is in Geelong road.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
49,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22,089 ·

·
18,392 Posts
Dont know much about nusowf or queersland,
But its a pineapple for every mattress you take to the tip down these parts..
Still dosent mean you should dump them in the bush though..
Last one we got rid of I stripped it, burnt the wood, binned the material and the metal went to scrap.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
49,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22,091 ·
Dont know much about nusowf or queersland,
But its a pineapple for every mattress you take to the tip down these parts..
Still dosent mean you should dump them in the bush though..
Last one we got rid of I stripped it, burnt the wood, binned the material and the metal went to scrap.
Absobloodylutely, this is why some of that rubbish ends up on the side of a road or track. Sunshine Coast Council stopped kerbside pickup quite a few years ago, much to the annoyance of many, including me. When I built the new fence at the front it cost me around $50 to get rid of the old fence when I took it to the tip. I wouldn't expect kerbside pickup to take that but there are many things that many people have that they just hang onto or dump.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
17,567 Posts
Should have advertised you fence, people pay for them.

·
18,392 Posts
Whould have went good in my heater..Next time you replace it let me know. ;) :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
3,128 Posts
When I went down to Sydney in June to start sorting out my late uncles affairs, I had to take 3 garbage bags of stuff to the tip at Lucas Heights, minimum charge of $66 FMD.

·
Registered
CRD Wagon
1,495 Posts
Absobloodylutely, this is why some of that rubbish ends up on the side of a road or track. Sunshine Coast Council stopped kerbside pickup quite a few years ago, much to the annoyance of many, including me. When I built the new fence at the front it cost me around $50 to get rid of the old fence when I took it to the tip. I wouldn't expect kerbside pickup to take that but there are many things that many people have that they just hang onto or dump.
T.e week Darwin City Council decided to start charging for fluro tubes I went for a motorbike ride at the nearby Gunn Point.

Seen a sparky unloading his van of fluro tubes in the bush out there. Pretty ignant move on both the council and the sparky IMO.

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
27,273 Posts
When you lose balance and end up against the pizza oven. 🤬

Foo

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
20,688 Posts
Having to pay mechanics!

Rack ends need doing in the Lancer and i can really work on cars yet and i don't have the tool to make life easy. So I admitted defeat and dropped it off to a local mob. Getting done tomorrow but lets see if they ring me up saying i need other stuff done (which i don't)

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
3,128 Posts
Work accommodation, I know the pain @Leethal is going through, I'm stuck in this place for the next few days.
Sky Plant Cloud Building Natural landscape

Have to put up with the beach being just behind those trees. The food sucks too, only fish & chips, Thai, Indian, Mexican, Italian or pub bistro to choose from. 🤣🤣🤣

22081 - 22100 of 22108 Posts