·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
27,518 Posts

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,234 Posts
Speaking of this getting old thing, I did my back in last Sunday.
3 days at home, most of it in a desk chair because the couch was too low to get on or off of and standing and walking was quite unpleasant, learned both the hard way after getting stuck on the couch for a couple hours because I couldn't get up and trying to walk afterwards.

Today is the first day I could bend over or lift anything without too much pain. Which is good, because I have a couple of trees to cut down tomorrow lol.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
17,895 Posts
3 days at home, most of it in a desk chair because the couch was too low to get on or off of and standing and walking was quite unpleasant, learned both the hard way after getting stuck on the couch for a couple hours because I couldn't get up and trying to walk afterwards.

Today is the first day I could bend over or lift anything without too much pain. Which is good, because I have a couple of trees to cut down tomorrow lol.
Get an Aldi back brace.

Reactions: Foo

·
1986 SD33T SWB
11,234 Posts
Good luck James!

Getting "old" suck!
Yep, guess that was the first clue that I can't away with being an idiot anymore.
I'd prefer not to think about my actions and have no consequences though...

Get an Aldi back brace.
A pack of asprin, some deep heat and 12 beers a day will do for now.
Unless Aldi have them now, then I may get one for next time.

Reactions: Yeti's Beast

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
17,895 Posts
Have to wait until they go on sale. I now have three of them, one sits on the lawnmower handle, one sits on my fishing gear and the other is in the bedroom.

·
1986 SD33T SWB
11,234 Posts
Feck, I'm already thinking of next time I bust my back up.

If Brad at 60 feels a quarter as bad as I did, I may as well have one foot in the grave.

·
1986 SD33T SWB
11,234 Posts
Bloody power tool prices in Australia.

I'm looking into a Milwaukee 1/2" mid torque impact gun. Already have the batteries and so forth.

$450 for the bare tool here in Australia from the usual joints.

AU$260 in freedom land, plus $80-100 in shipping and import duties.
I can get a singular bloody tool sent half way around the globe and save roughly $100 vs buying it locally.
Or I can buy the tool plus a 5AH battery, which costs AU$130-150 here, and have it on my door step, for the same price as the bare tool bought locally.

I'd like to support local stores, but when I can throw $100 away in shipping and duties, and still save $100, it makes it hard to do so.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
50,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22,271 ·

I've got a good back brace I've had for years, don't wear it just as a matter of course as it is quite hot but if doing any hard lifting or twisting it is great, I've had back issues most of my life which can lead to really bad sciatica if I'm not careful.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
17,895 Posts
Reporters who wouldn’t know their hessian from plastic. 🤬🤬🤬 Get it right you numpties. It’s either hessian (natural plant based) or plastic (made from oil).
World Vertebrate Light Green Nature

Reactions: grumpyone and Foo

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
50,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22,274 ·

·
1986 SD33T SWB
11,234 Posts
Reporters who wouldn’t know their hessian from plastic. 🤬🤬🤬 Get it right you numpties. It’s either hessian (natural plant based) or plastic (made from oil).
View attachment 536686
That bag appears to have degraded, which would suggest its not nylon. But then again any number of things could have happened before or after it was burried.

Nylon, as much as it is a brilliant material, I don't believe it is biodegradable. I thought the majority of those "fibrous" type bags were made of LDPE, PHA, PVA, or some other plastic whose name I can not pronounce.

Reactions: rgren2

·
1986 SD33T SWB
11,234 Posts
Pssstt
I’m not 60

But I’m super strong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I suppose I'll just give you a call next time you're in Vic to remove a bullbar and winch in one go rather than use an engine crane.

Should be a walk in the park after correcting such a poorly balanced rock lol.

·
Registered
nissan
1,850 Posts
Bloody power tool prices in Australia.

I'm looking into a Milwaukee 1/2" mid torque impact gun. Already have the batteries and so forth.

$450 for the bare tool here in Australia from the usual joints.

AU$260 in freedom land, plus $80-100 in shipping and import duties.
I can get a singular bloody tool sent half way around the globe and save roughly $100 vs buying it locally.
Or I can buy the tool plus a 5AH battery, which costs AU$130-150 here, and have it on my door step, for the same price as the bare tool bought locally.

I'd like to support local stores, but when I can throw $100 away in shipping and duties, and still save $100, it makes it hard to do so.
Don't forget there will be black Friday sales coming up Next week I think

Reactions: skegbudley

·
1986 SD33T SWB
11,234 Posts
Why stop there. Let’s take the engine out too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
But its the only working engine I have :(
Unless you bring down an LS.... then I could be convinced.

Don't forget there will be black Friday sales coming up Next week I think
Good point.
The yanks love a good sale, so I'll hold off and see what they have to offer vs our joints.

·
1986 SD33T SWB
11,234 Posts
The misso's bloody Falcon. Pile of garbage.

Couple of months ago, it chewed an intake gasket, I'd just moved into my new joint and tools were still packed away.
So that was an expensive trip to the mechanic. Had to preserve the engine though, didn't want it leaning out and packing up since I have first dibs on that Barra and XR seats once the rest of the car is junk. Which is now, but anyway....

Last week the battery packed it in. Only battery I had that came close to fitting was out of a little Kia or something, I don't remember. But that was too big and due to the design of the battery hold down and plastic protector condom thingo it will only accept one specific battery size. So now the much too large battery out of the much smaller vehicle with an engine half the size is held in with what can only be described as a work of zip tie art. Mainly cause its disturbingly close to welding the bonnet shut.

This week a bloody wheel bearing has packed it in, only 220,000km on it and it is violently bad. Sounds like a blender full of rocks above 20km/h. That may be because its full of water and i'm pretty sure the spindle is also rusty.
Can't buy the bearings either, the whole bloody hub has to be replaced.

Oh, also one of the door latched is rooted, can't open the door from the inside, it doesn't lock, and opening it from the outside will unlock the rest of the car. WTF.
And the drivers window is sloooooooow to roll up.
And its now due for a service as well.

Despite the list of issues and broken crap longer than all of my Patrols combined, the missus is somehow not interested in upgrading to an MK as a daily??

Mind boggling.

22261 - 22280 of 22306 Posts