Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
22661 - 22680 of 22756 Posts

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
18,192 Posts
I too discovered the little chaps in the snowy mountains as a kid, after you have been stung, you know how to avoid them. Don’t be fooled by the jaws, the sting is in the tail. Tried to warn a mate who was annoying the bulldog ants, had one by the head, it curled around and stung him. Much mirth was had by the rest of us as he danced and yelled.

·
Registered
nissan gq
2,608 Posts
Holy Moly, while on the property that had the Alpacas I accidently stood on an ants nest in the undergrowth, the woman who owned the property said to me step back there is Jack Jumping Ants on your foot. Too bloody late, about 6 ants were spread across my toes and stinging me. OMG, I've been bitten by some nasty critters during my 75 years, but these things take the cake, the pain is excruciating and just keeps going for hours. I said to the woman "I'll always remember my trip to Crabbe Creek".
So its not the Crabbes you should be aware of :LOL:,I have several nests of those bugg%rs here,just like their wasp cousins,they sting repeatedly with their tail.

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GU IV
18,882 Posts
Finding out you’re turning into a fat bastard - perhaps a pub lunch too many?

Today I realized I’d forgotten to put on my belt not because my pants fell down, but when I went to clip on my work VHF radio.

Plssed me off.

Having said that I suspect the brand of detergent they use here in the laundries shrinks your clothes so that would explain it.

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
10,003 Posts

Today I realized I’d forgotten to put on my belt not because my pants fell down, but when I went to clip on my work VHF radio.

Plssed me off.

Having said that I suspect the brand of detergent they use here in the laundries shrinks your clothes so that would explain it.
Face Skin Smile Eye Human body

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
11,761 Posts

Plssed me off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
nissan
618 Posts
Big black arse bloody buffalo.

Doing my normal thing on my return leg home, Up near Vic River, long story short out runs a big buffalo bull, the ones you go "ohhh ship" and brace.
Was watching the big mob of moo moo"s and hes come charging out of the long grass head down and going for it.....
Now my bullbar has been built for this sort of stuff, double tubed 5 poster, but still an't perfect but in the past held up fine for a "few" other big hits. The amount of damage from collecting a solid big arse buff bull has tested it right out.
Bar is slightly tilted inwards and damaged the front panel in the process a slightly but noticeable bow in the backing support plate. If you don't look toooooooo hard you probably won't even notice much. So the bar has done its job, as the damage from could of been alot worse with a less suitable bar. End of the day it's why we have insurance

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
3,279 Posts
First day this summer we've been able to go to the beach & we get a bloody tsunami warning.

• Haha
Reactions: Foo and joet

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
27,664 Posts
Think they'll keep the bar, but the backing support plate will need to be replaced.
Not into shiny bars, mines all black to match the blank tanks.

I HATE POLISHING ha ha
I've bent a Value Liner bar when hitting some big mother roos that were looking over the bonnet of the truck when I hit them at around 80kmh. 😵

Foo

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
18,999 Posts
I too discovered the little chaps in the snowy mountains as a kid, after you have been stung, you know how to avoid them. Don’t be fooled by the jaws, the sting is in the tail. Tried to warn a mate who was annoying the bulldog ants, had one by the head, it curled around and stung him. Much mirth was had by the rest of us as he danced and yelled.

What ants are the ones that live in a football sized nest of leaves in gum tree's??

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
18,192 Posts
We’ve got the green ants, you can eat part of them and use them for a lemon like flavour in cooking.

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
27,664 Posts
We’ve got the green ants, you can eat part of them and use them for a lemon like flavour in cooking.
Never seen any on your meat that you've cooked. :unsure: 🤣

Foo

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
18,192 Posts
Used to get them in Bowen and more so in Cooktown. I didn’t know about the culinary aspect then.

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
18,999 Posts
they sting like a mofo..

22661 - 22680 of 22756 Posts