Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
23401 - 23420 of 23490 Posts

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
19,428 Posts
Side fence has fallen over, no biggie, can be fixed, asked mate for some muscle, he can’t help, his house flooded and he’s fixing it, no worries. I have a son and three grandsons here, son and one grandson have to have a cone to help them as soon as they get out of bed, no thanks, I’ll be using power tools, another grandson has no ability in practical stuff. The other one, doesn’t like getting his hands dirty.
I’ve worked out how to temporally fix it on my own.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
19,428 Posts
How much practical ability does he need? You point out where to lift, tell him when to lift, and he lifts.

Bloody sad state of affairs if he's so impractical he can't even manage that.
I’d have to drive over to pick him up, 32 years old and doesn’t drive.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
52,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23,404 ·
Side fence has fallen over, no biggie, can be fixed, asked mate for some muscle, he can’t help, his house flooded and he’s fixing it, no worries. I have a son and three grandsons here, son and one grandson have to have a cone to help them as soon as they get out of bed, no thanks, I’ll be using power tools, another grandson has no ability in practical stuff. The other one, doesn’t like getting his hands dirty.
I’ve worked out how to temporally fix it on my own.
WTF?????????????????????????????????? If I can be of any help, give me a yell.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
19,428 Posts
WTF?????????????????????????????????? If I can be of any help, give me a yell.
Nah, I’ve worked it out, no good asking the neighbor, he’s a ‘supplier’.
Thanks.
I did tell him he’d better start saving because the fence will need replacing. It’s only about 4 panels and I’ll use his shed foundations to support the props.

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
21,350 Posts
Weather people. Went fishing yesterday in less then ideal conditions because it was the better day this weekend, now they have updated it this morning and this morning looks nicer. :sneaky: Got stuff to do around the place today and a car to service so will just have to sulk about it. :LOL:

·
Premium Member
Nuffin now
28,339 Posts
Weather people. Went fishing yesterday in less then ideal conditions because it was the better day this weekend, now they have updated it this morning and this morning looks nicer. :sneaky: Got stuff to do around the place today and a car to service so will just have to sulk about it. :LOL:
Yeah, it's like all the rain here, they couldn't even get that right, so that people had enough time to make a plan B for moving stuff. :rolleyes:

Foo

Reactions: Softy

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
3,520 Posts
Car workshops that try to rip people off. My uncle had his car serviced just before he died, at a large chain workshop, that also sells tyres of the same name. The report said the rocker cover gaskets were leaking and needed replacing ASAP at a cost of $400. When I was down there a few weeks ago I noticed smoke coming off the front exhaust manifold when I idled it for a few minutes. It was the oil from the leaking gasket onto the manifold. I checked the cover bolts & every one was only finger tight 😡😡 Tightened them all up, degreased & washed the engine. Checked it this morning after around 600km & what do you know, it's not leaking. Funny how it was only leaking from the front one, which is easy to get to, the top section of the inlet manifold has to be removed to access the rear one.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Beat you to it. I’ve already pulled it out- the camper that is.

Had to move it so the grass can grow back before we move.

On a positive the owner has extended our stay by 2 months

On a negative he will sell the house to us for $925k
Other wise it’s going to auction with a reserve for $1000000000000000000000
It’s not worth it
Trust me
But location location
Must be the new footpath that’s increased the value around here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You should see the place next door to me. They have price range it in the $600,000 give or take abit.
No way is it worth that. If she gets anywhere close. It would make me happy. As it means my house has increased by $250,000+ in 6yrs.
But it’s been a rental for about 5yrs. And the last 2 tenants where ****. And the owner has only done maintenance when she has had to.
The place had a dishwasher. But because it didn’t work when one of the tenants moved in. She never fixed it.
Carport was falling down due to water rot. We ended up threatening with council to inspect it.
And the ****ing fence she want fix. Would have been cheaper for me to just pay for the whole lot 6yrs ago. Rather than waiting to go half’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
21,350 Posts
Car serviced for the first time since being here... Guess I should get used to doing it... Amazing how much more careful you are not to spill oil when it's your concrete...

Also rotated tires only have the wind up jack so dodgy brothers to the rescue.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Nuffin now
28,339 Posts
Car serviced for the first time since being here... Guess I should get used to doing it... Amazing how much more careful you are not to spill oil when it's your concrete...

Also rotated tires only have the wind up jack so dodgy brothers to the rescue.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
A hydraulic wheeled jack is worth fork all from Super Cheap and have had one for about 10yrs or more. Well worth the small outlay and get some car jacks also. ;)

Foo

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
A hydraulic wheeled jack is worth fork all from Super Cheap and have had one for about 10yrs or more. Well worth the small outlay and get some car jacks also. ;)

Foo
I have the tool pro trolley jack or what ever brand from supercheap was on a good sale. Does the job of lifting things.
But is very very heavy. And it doesn’t have a 2stage piston. So takes a million pumps just to get it to a patrols axle. Also it’s rated to 3500kg. But it started need lots of force on the jack handle to get one of a patrol of the ground.

A mate has a better 2stage trolley jack. It still rated to 3500kg but lighter and gets to height in less than one stroke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Foo

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
19,428 Posts
Still a bit of groundwater about, can’t do anything to the fence at the moment, maybe tomorrow. 🤔 Have purchased and cut the stays and predrilled them, will use 150mm baton screws to hold them inplace until I can get a new fence.
Plant Water Vegetation Watercourse Grass
Plant Wood Building Slope Road surface
Plant Sky Building Tree Wood

·
Premium Member
Nuffin now
28,339 Posts
Reactions: turps and grumpyone

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
19,428 Posts
Only time I get between the sheds is to spray the weeds that come in from the neighbour's yard. They have golden canes near our clothesline. I have a trailer full of trimmings. The pruning blade on the reciprocating saw is magic. 🤔😉🤣🤣😁

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
52,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23,418 ·
23401 - 23420 of 23490 Posts