Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
24061 - 24080 of 24096 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
12,567 Posts
This is both what makes me happy and cheeses me off
The BIL
The one was that was contesting the will !
Well. Karma has struck -him
His mum knew he was a loser and didn’t want him getting much from the estate for good reason.
He has proved us all right too.
In anticipation of winning, he quit his job.
Now is jobless, homeless, sold his car, sleeping in a park at Surfersparadise with nothing to his name except a phone.

That’s what makes me happy

What cheeses me off is the wife has been giving him money!!!

His last plea was money for a back packers because it’s been raining.
Boo hoo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
12,567 Posts
Go to park where he sleeps and flurry him with a baseball bat.
Wife wanted him to come out to the house and fix a mirrored kickboard he installed.
I said if he comes into this house he is leaving in a box
So I attempted to do it so I could remove some of the mirror and install a dishwasher

It’s not puuurrrefect , but does the job for now
Next on the list is to replace the kickboard with brushed aluminum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,462 Posts
Shortly after I replaced the head and head gasket on shorty the water pump seal let go.
I've been waiting over 6 weeks for a new one to rock up from Japan.

Guess what I found while going through a box of parts?
Font Automotive tire Gas Auto part Handwriting

And yes, I could have replaced the whole water pump with an aftermarket one, but I haven't seen one with decent impeller yet.
Guess I'll have a spare seal now...

·
1986 SD33T SWB
11,462 Posts
Just don't forget you have already have one next time.
I once thought about cataloguing the parts that I have, but by pure coincidence I came down with a pretty bad case of the CBFs right at beer o'clock.

I ordered 3 which should mean I'm 3 times as likely to remember, but 3*0 is still 0.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
54,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24,067 ·
I once thought about cataloguing the parts that I have, but by pure coincidence I came down with a pretty bad case of the CBFs right at beer o'clock.

I ordered 3 which should mean I'm 3 times as likely to remember, but 3*0 is still 0.
I can feel your pain mate.
Damn I know I have one of those somewhere!!!!!

·
1986 SD33T SWB
11,462 Posts
This water pump has become a source of frustration.

The kinda good news is, even with my recently discovered water pump seal, my water pump is still junk.
The kinda bad news is, the seal doesn't fit. Parts catalogue says it should, but given the vane design (but not same part) and same paint colour as the rest of the engine, my current leaky water pump should be genuine. Maybe it's not, but I have never seen any aftermarket accessory match the Nissan engine paint colour, let alone an aftermarket water pump having a semi closed vane cast iron impeller...

But this has piqued my curiosity, I want to know what my water pump is (or was). and whether my parts will fit genuine late model water pumps. and what the changes were. and why there are 2 different part number pumps from after the MK was discontinued.

·
1986 SD33T SWB
11,462 Posts
I went pump seal shopping yesterday, fair few rural/ag/truck/tractor/industrial supply joints in town, no dice. Ended up a dairy supply of all places and got a pump seal for some sort of Davey pump lol.
Looked bang on, and its bloody close, O.D of the seal is 29mm, O.D of the old seal is 30mm. Ceramic shim that sits in the vane was the perfect size, but the rubber boot was just barely too thick and my old one was too trashed to reuse. Was able to make that work by removing some material from the O.D of the shim.

Not sure how I'll make the seal work. It'll involve some butchery, but I can't find another seal to fit and the genuine one doesn't either so its either that or I throw the whole lot away.
Maybe cut the old seal up so I can use the head as an adapter sleeve for the new seal and bond them together somehow.

After paying $60 for the seal kit, the time to adapt it to fit my pump and aftermarket pumps ranging from $70-120, it would seem that is the better option. But at this point I'm doing it more for my own satisfaction than for this particular pump.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
20,776 Posts
Armageddon is upon us, went to the shops to get a couple of things, it’s like there is panic in the streets, no parking and people are filling trollies. The shops are open tomorrow. 🙄

·
Registered
CRD Wagon
1,779 Posts
When you previously spend time carefully sanding a bunch of rust off an old Disston, filing the teeth and resetting them and then when brother comes around he uses it to prune the frangipani in the driveway, leaving sap and wet timber all over it.

Luckily the the tarnishing was surface only

·
Registered
nissan gq
3,126 Posts
When you previously spend time carefully sanding a bunch of rust off an old Disston, filing the teeth and resetting them and then when brother comes around he uses it to prune the frangipani in the driveway, leaving sap and wet timber all over it.

Luckily the the tarnishing was surface only
What about the saw ? 😏

·
1986 SD33T SWB
11,462 Posts
The Davey water pump seal did not work.
Managed to adapt it just fine using the old seat and some adhesive and worked the shim down enough to fit in the impeller. In the absence of a proper press, I used a bottle jack and the chassis of shorty with sockets in lieu of dies lol.
Everything went together well until the last 1mm or so to seat the impeller so the rear cover could go on... and I heard a crack. The seal ran out of travel, shattered the face and the shim that seats in the impeller. Going by measurements I should have been okay, but I think between the adhesive between the two seal seats, maybe its expansion while curing and the shim sitting just a touch more proud than the original I just ran out of tolerance and over compressed the seal.

Also the impeller has a cracked vane that i didn't notice before lol. Maybe it is time to admit defeat.
I'll still keep the parts juuuuuuuust in case I want to torment myself again.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
54,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24,078 ·

·
1986 SD33T SWB
11,462 Posts
Ordered a couple of new water pumps, a genuine one and a Paraut one, which is a brand of Hitachi who manufactured several parts for Nissan including water pumps.... so its probably the same thing just half the price. And seals and shims to rebuild another 3 water pumps, just in case.

I also might have gotten very carried away ordering some other things that I "need" for a vehicle that, water pump aside, is perfectly functional. And stuff that I may or may not ever need, like a battery tray. And the windscreen wiper links. And some stuff with strange part descriptions but they were cheap and I was curious.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
54,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24,080 ·
Ordered a couple of new water pumps, a genuine one and a Paraut one, which is a brand of Hitachi who manufactured several parts for Nissan including water pumps.... so its probably the same thing just half the price. And seals and shims to rebuild another 3 water pumps, just in case.

I also might have gotten very carried away ordering some other things that I "need" for a vehicle that, water pump aside, is perfectly functional. And stuff that I may or may not ever need, like a battery tray. And the windscreen wiper links. And some stuff with strange part descriptions but they were cheap and I was curious.
Ah! You just can't keep a good man down, lol.

24061 - 24080 of 24096 Posts