Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
24641 - 24660 of 24685 Posts

· I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
22,498 Posts
Sitting down to do a number two without thinking and find

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Use the hand towel, it won’t happen again.

· Registered
nissan gq
3,505 Posts
Working on a pump this morning and managed to stab myself in the hand with a screwdriver ! patched it up with bush medicine [handfull of clay softened with pizz 😣] and called the Doc who [geddit]

couldn't see me till 4 this afternoon at which time he says it has started to heal,no need to suture it but have a tetanus jab as a bonus.

SWMBO met me on return to check out the result and is disappointed there will be no brush cutting done tomorrow ;) 🍻

Patrol Hybrid.
22,498 Posts
I have a couple of scars in the webbing between thumb and forefinger on my left hand, strangely, the wounds were only a few minutes apart. 🙄
The story of the injury was used many times in safety lessons about how useful a vice is.

Patrol Hybrid.
22,498 Posts
Rats.
In our fernery there is an established rat run, I keep it baited at all times. Have had no activity since just before school broke up. I’ve kept an eye on the baits, this morning the baits were gone, school resumes next week. Little rat bastards must have a calendar, or they have been flooded out and got peckish.

· Registered
2013 Patrol Y61 DX EX Telstra service body
216 Posts
Sitting down to do a number two without thinking and find

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Supplied by nature. Sunday night at a rest stop about 40k east of Balladoni. But I didn’t need them I took a roll with me. 😁
Hood Wood Automotive design Motor vehicle Vehicle door

· Premium Member
Nuffin now
30,115 Posts
Rats.
In our fernery there is an established rat run, I keep it baited at all times. Have had no activity since just before school broke up. I’ve kept an eye on the baits, this morning the baits were gone, school resumes next week. Little rat bastards must have a calendar, or they have been flooded out and got peckish.
Further up north, there is a huge plague of them. 😉

Foo

Reactions: grumpyone

· Registered
No Patrol :(
3,984 Posts
My lack of self control. Talking with the Mitsubishi dealer about the delivery time for my PS, still looks like May. I've ordered a base model GLX, but she tells me they have a mid spec' GLS, with deluxe pack (Electric leather seats & surround camera) in the colour I've ordered, available next week. It will be around $8-9k more & I don't think I'll be able to resist.

· Premium Member
Nuffin now
30,115 Posts
My lack of self control. Talking with the Mitsubishi dealer about the delivery time for my PS, still looks like May. I've ordered a base model GLX, but she tells me they have a mid spec' GLS, with deluxe pack (Electric leather seats & surround camera) in the colour I've ordered, available next week. It will be around $8-9k more & I don't think I'll be able to resist.
Screw them for an even better price. 😉 I get my Ute on Wednesday and it's $300 cheaper than I expected, so that makes a saving of $2100. :cool:

Foo

· Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
3,394 Posts
Similar thing occurred with the better half when she ordered her Kia. Wrong colour turned up. She could re order and wait another three months or just by chance we have a higher spec car here for a steeper price. After a bit of haggling we paid the dearer price and 12 months on are so glad we did. It is a much superior car to what she ordered.

· Registered
No Patrol :(
3,984 Posts
When I ordered it, the delivery time was May & that's still the scheduled time, this one is one they had ordered for floor stock. They used to do the mid spec' GLS as a 5 seater, but now they are only 7 seats, which is why I ordered the base model. I like everything about the GLS, except the 3rd row seats.

· Registered
nissan gq
3,505 Posts
I think that is called gazumping,a deliberate ploy to get more from you,tell 'em your cash reserve runs out about 4-5k up the ladder and then wait for a comeback. You can only try (y)

· Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
4,461 Posts
My favourite was a bloke who bought a landcrab ute. They tried to sell him one on the showroom floor, which he refused because he didn't want to pay extra for the aircon. No non aircon models in the country.

He said, "Order me one without aircon, I'm happy to wait."

In the end they threw in the aircon gratis, rather than pay someone to remove it.

· After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
22,160 Posts
A leather clad barbie would be sexy.:love:

· Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
3,394 Posts
Pulled this out the shed, tipped in some fresh fuel and pumped up the tyres. About ten kicks later she fired up. 2001 WR 250. Has been a great bike.

New owner picked it up yesterday afternoon.

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

· Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
57,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24,658 ·
Went to Bunnings this morning to get a 1/2"BSP to 3/8"BSP reducing bush, was having difficulty tracking one down and a Bunnings guy in his 50's I'd say came past so I asked him if Bunnings had them, he said no, we don't stock them any more we have metric, Hmmmm! I said 'that is strange considering this is the plumbing aisle', he said we only stock metric, then he took a step back and he picked up a reducing bush from a bin, it was 15mm to 10mm reducing bush, it looked very very very familiar, not wanting to argue I said I'll take that as I have taps that can clean out any difference. I get home and grab a 3/8"BSP nipple I had and guess what? screwed straight in, I tried screwing the 1/2"BSP end into the 1/2"BSP bush I wanted to reduce, guess what? screwed straight in.............
WTF? probably should have posted this there.

· Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
57,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24,660 ·
Known that for a long time. No idea why they do it. People who don't know BSP sizes won't be looking in that aisle, let alone buying anything from it.
Ed Zackery, I normally buy my fittings from Peter at Air And Lift Gear but being Saturday they are closed.

24641 - 24660 of 24685 Posts