Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
24661 - 24680 of 24685 Posts

· Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
4,463 Posts
When you go to the servo, wait for the only gas pump to become available, finally start filling up....wait, what's that funny hissing noise?

Forking filler hose under the car has a split and was venting LPG straight to atmosphere :mad:. So now I've got about 2 days fuel, hoping like fork that the gas bloke can fix it on Monday before I run out.

Otherwise I'll have to run on petrol -- have you blokes seen the price of that chit these days o_O?

· I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
22,499 Posts
Otherwise I'll have to run on petrol -- have you blokes seen the price of that chit these days o_O?
Yes, diesel is even dearer, although I did see it just under $2/l. Luckily I only get some about 3 monthly intervals. 😉

· Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
4,463 Posts
Yes, diesel is even dearer, although I did see it just under $2/l. Luckily I only get some about 3 monthly intervals. 😉
That's why the Patrol is staying right where it is until a couple of weeks before my holidays. Between lockdowns and floods, the old girl has done SFA since I got back after Licola nearly 2 years ago, so I think a checkup is in order.

· Registered
nissan gq
3,505 Posts
Went to Bunnings this morning to get a 1/2"BSP to 3/8"BSP reducing bush, was having difficulty tracking one down and a Bunnings guy in his 50's I'd say came past so I asked him if Bunnings had them, he said no, we don't stock them any more we have metric, Hmmmm! I said 'that is strange considering this is the plumbing aisle', he said we only stock metric, then he took a step back and he picked up a reducing bush from a bin, it was 15mm to 10mm reducing bush, it looked very very very familiar, not wanting to argue I said I'll take that as I have taps that can clean out any difference. I get home and grab a 3/8"BSP nipple I had and guess what? screwed straight in, I tried screwing the 1/2"BSP end into the 1/2"BSP bush I wanted to reduce, guess what? screwed straight in.............
WTF? probably should have posted this there.
Probably should be talking to garden staff for a bush :ROFLMAO:

· After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
22,161 Posts
Pulled this out the shed, tipped in some fresh fuel and pumped up the tyres. About ten kicks later she fired up. 2001 WR 250. Has been a great bike.

New owner picked it up yesterday afternoon.

View attachment 549342
my neighbour has a yz426 in his shed..
He hasnt had it out for about 10 years, he rode it a few times and filled his pants.
Would make a good project bike. :unsure:

· Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
3,394 Posts
Reactions: 45/70

Patrol Hybrid.
22,499 Posts
Found an even better one..
An IT465...😍😍😍😍😍😍
Don’t mean to rain on your parade, old blokes like you don’t bounce, they break. 🤔😉🤣🤣

· Premium Member
Nuffin now
30,115 Posts

Patrol Hybrid.
22,499 Posts
But what model? 🤔

Foo
It’s an IT, that means it’s an uncontrollable bitch to ride, the powerband will catch you out and spit you off quicker than you can down a Friday arvo beer. 😖

· Premium Member
Nuffin now
30,115 Posts
It’s an IT, that means it’s an uncontrollable bitch to ride, the powerband will catch you out and spit you off quicker than you can down a Friday arvo beer. 😖
Actually the power band was pretty good in the 465H model and a lot easier to ride than the 250. The 250H was a bitch of a thing and would spit you off very quick. :eek:

Foo

Patrol Hybrid.
22,499 Posts
Actually the power band was pretty good in the 465H model and a lot easier to ride than the 250. The 250H was a bitch of a thing and would spit you off very quick. :eek:

Foo
That’s what I had, I’ve got scars to prove it. 😖 Someone had put a quick action throttle on it. Might have been ok for Toby Price, me 🙄

24661 - 24680 of 24685 Posts