Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

17241 - 17260 of 17331 Posts

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu crd ute
7,872 Posts
And how is she going now?

They never told us that us, that we would be paying the whole lot and then we would have to claim it back. We pay $5000 a year for the privilege of being forked over.

Foo

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk
Doing well Thanks Foo she's walking around but if she coughs or sneezes its very painfull , was cut hip to hip and had belly button replaced , that's part of tummy tuck. mussel and hernia repair done at same time so lots stitches internal. Hence why shes of work till 6 jan . Cost without Bupa would have been around $13000

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
43,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #17,243
Kitchen and patio projects and trying to complete before christmas. Bought new sink and stove top today, looking at tiles tomorrow. Wrong insulation panels for under new colourbond roof delivered, grrrrr, I'm short on enthusiasm at the moment as it is.......

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu crd ute
7,872 Posts
Kitchen and patio projects and trying to complete before christmas. Bought new sink and stove top today, looking at tiles tomorrow. Wrong insulation panels for under new colourbond roof delivered, grrrrr, I'm short on enthusiasm at the moment as it is.......

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Just remember stay off ladders.

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
24,945 Posts
When you run out of heatshrink at 1am whilst making up a new wiring harness for the back of a GU ute. I went to install new LED taillights for the customer only to find one of the nastiest electrical abominations i've seen in years. Multiple twist and tape joins several wires dangling due to cable breaks. Short circuits everywhere so it looks like a disco when indicating right and braking at the same time. Reverse lights not working. Number plate light not working. One wire had 4 twist and tape joints along a 1 meter length. To top it off all split tubes are filled solid with dried mud as he had obviously drowned it in a mud pool at some point. Will essentially have to cut the factory loom about 1m from the cab and connect my harness there as it's pretty well munted from that point back.
I spent 12hrs digging out a rock hard garden today in order to remove 1.5m3 of dirt as well as filling in along my fence line where the ground has subsided. Hence me working this late at night. Customer will be back at my place first thing in the morning for round 2. Sunday is gona suck...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
21,357 Posts
Not being able to sleep, due to the mind not shutting down and the body hurtin from two days of racing. 🤬 Might try the recliner in front of the tv. :unsure:

Foo

·
Premium Member
24,945 Posts
Not being able to sleep, due to the mind not shutting down and the body hurtin from two days of racing. Might try the recliner in front of the tv. :unsure:

Foo
Same here. Got to sleep around 3:30am. Woke up wide awake and thaught I managed to sleep in to 9am. Then I realised my phone was upside down and only 6am

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
43,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #17,251
Not being able to sleep, due to the mind not shutting down and the body hurtin from two days of racing. 🤬 Might try the recliner in front of the tv. :unsure:

Foo
I've got some AntiBiotics that do exactly that to your body lol, another 2 weeks and I might be back to my normal just plain cranky self ;). I'm getting sick of waking up at 2am watching TV till 4am then going back to bed and waking at friggin 6am. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

·
Premium Member
24,945 Posts
The RAIN...
I know we really need it BUT.
I'm in the middle of leveling out the ground at the side of the house where the fill from retaining wall has settled. I was covered in dirt from that and moving a meter of comercial garden soil. Now I'm covered in mud. The beer garden is covered in mud. The piles of soil that I was raking out is turning to mud. The driveway that up untill an hour ago had a meter of garden soil on it is a muddy mess.
Fck the rain...

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
2,065 Posts
Working on vehicles. Finally got round to putting the head back on today, what a feck'n nightmare. First attempt realised that the engine crane didn't have enough reach, so had to extend the boom with a piece of hardwood. It took about 4 goes to get it on without knocking the head gasket out of position. I checked the weight, 58kg, no wonder I busted my poofer valve lifting it out without a crane. One of the plastic protective caps off the new injectors fell off & has disappeared down a hole in the space time continuum, probably with my 10mm socket. Just hoping it hasn't gone down the oil drain hole in the block.

·
Registered
nissan gq
1,380 Posts
Working on vehicles. Finally got round to putting the head back on today, what a feck'n nightmare. First attempt realised that the engine crane didn't have enough reach, so had to extend the boom with a piece of hardwood. It took about 4 goes to get it on without knocking the head gasket out of position. I checked the weight, 58kg, no wonder I busted my poofer valve lifting it out without a crane. One of the plastic protective caps off the new injectors fell off & has disappeared down a hole in the space time continuum, probably with my 10mm socket. Just hoping it hasn't gone down the oil drain hole in the block.
Sorry.....too soon? ***** of a job mate and hope it all comes together ok.

·
Premium Member
24,945 Posts
Crap like this. Apparently it was posted on another forum.
"The has been a recent discovery that will solve the blown engine problem with the Nissan 3 ltr, the reason the motor blows is because the new euro emission laws make the engine recirculate the exhaust gasses back into the engine, this causes the engine to clag up (soot and oil mix together causing a blockage in the exhaust chambers) the turbo then over boosts as it gets blocked too (this can be a potential problem for other new turbo diesels too), the way to solve this is to stop the recirculation of exhaust gasses, (not recommended till out of warranty), and can only be done by someone who has the correct gear (so not a home job you can do) the motor will not loose any power and would still look the same, even with a trained eye, as the mod is done internally, the cost of the mod is around the $400 mark, anybody interested can contact On Track 4wd Centre in Slacks Creek, as they have just started to do this mod with great success.
hope this helps )"

People like this should be run out of business...

·
Premium Member
Patrol Hybrid.
11,174 Posts
"The has been a recent discovery that will solve the blown engine problem with the Nissan 3 ltr, the reason the motor blows is because the new euro emission laws make the engine recirculate the exhaust gasses back into the engine, this causes the engine to clag up (soot and oil mix together causing a blockage in the exhaust chambers) the turbo then over boosts as it gets blocked too (this can be a potential problem for other new turbo diesels too), the way to solve this is to stop the recirculation of exhaust gasses, (not recommended till out of warranty), and can only be done by someone who has the correct gear (so not a home job you can do) the motor will not loose any power and would still look the same, even with a trained eye, as the mod is done internally, the cost of the mod is around the $400 mark, anybody interested can contact On Track 4wd Centre in Slacks Creek, as they have just started to do this mod with great success.
hope this helps )"

What, you’re kidding me, I’m booked in to have this done tomorrow. 😉🤣🙄

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
43,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #17,259 (Edited)
hope this helps )"

OMG, the secret is out, "we'll all be rooned", said Hanrahan.
Next thing you know they can fix the kettle issue ;).

·
Premium Member
Patrol Hybrid.
11,174 Posts
17241 - 17260 of 17331 Posts