Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

17441 - 17460 of 20032 Posts

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
14,186 Posts
Talking heads on the box, they are called ‘bushfires’ not wildfires. Stick with Australian vernacular. 🤬😡🤬😡 Tossers.

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
2,140 Posts
Does anyone else find these Alexa/Google Home/Mini devices AND THEIR OWNERS f'ing annoying...? Being the silly season, I've been to a few get-togethers with family and friends and these devices are unfortunately quite commonplace.

If I have to listen to one more person shouting HEY ALEXA / GOOGLE to the top of their voice to ask a stupid question or give a pathetic instruction because they're too lazy to get off their fat ar$e, the device will end up in the next door neighbour's back yard.

The worst part is the kids shouting at it like it's some sort of low life scum slave that must be treated with utter disrespect, and then they turn to their parents with the same attitude. I think they should at least be programmed to ingnore any request or instruction that does not contain a 'please' and is followed by a 'thank you'.

I hate these things. :mad:

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
14,186 Posts
Went to slice a mango, grabbed one of my good sharp knives, had trouble cutting the skin of the mango, then it wouldn’t cut the flesh of the mango. 😡Had previously seen my visiting sister using it to cut tomatoes on a ceramic plate next to the wooden cutting board. 🤬🤬 Out with the stone and give it a sharpen. Thank goodness she’s gone home.
No wonder all her knives are blunt, I won’t be sharpening hers again.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Went to slice a mango, grabbed one of my good sharp knives, had trouble cutting the skin of the mango, then it wouldn’t cut the flesh of the mango. 😡Had previously seen my visiting sister using it to cut tomatoes on a ceramic plate next to the wooden cutting board. 🤬🤬 Out with the stone and give it a sharpen. Thank goodness she’s gone home.
That pisses me off too. I hate blunt knives.

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
2,140 Posts
That's one skill I never learned... How to sharpen a knife properly without f'ing it up completely. :oops: My misso generally prefers using serrated knives. No point in me sharpening those. I use box cutters. ;)

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,595 Posts
People that don't look after knives p1ss me off too. Hence me having 2 sets of kitchen knives. My personal knives live in a holder away from the sacrificial set on the magnetic strip on kitchen bench. Nobody in my house dares to use mine. I'm a avid user of Japanese whetstones and manufactuer my own design of sink bridge whetstone holders. A sharp knife is a safe knife and all of mine are sharp enough to shave the hairs off your arm with.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissan gq
1,853 Posts
People that don't look after knives p1ss me off too. Hence me having 2 sets of kitchen knives. My personal knives live in a holder away from the sacrificial set on the magnetic strip on kitchen bench. Nobody in my house dares to use mine. I'm a avid user of Japanese whetstones and manufactuer my own design of sink bridge whetstone holders. A sharp knife is a safe knife and all of mine are sharp enough to shave the hairs off your arm with.

Same same,I have a couple of Santoku blades son bought from Japan,extreme sharp,other half is pi$$ed I won't let her use them [don't want blood all over my dinner] Might get some in to sell,

Cheers,G.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
14,186 Posts
Someone got done (not me) for excessive noise and smoke, unregistered vehicle. Around $900 in fines. FMD, he‘s 45 and allegedly doing burnouts in the car I bought him that he didn’t register. Had to get a permit to bring it back home. OK, I payed the rego, added it to the bill which won’t get paid. Did I mention, he didn’t have enough to pay his rent. Wonder if he’ll go on his usual 4 day ‘payday’ drug binge. I’d only just had to put a new battery and fuel in his car. Couldn’t resurrect the battery after 4 complete flattenings, imreallyoverit.🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
9,799 Posts
Someone got done (not me) for excessive noise and smoke, unregistered vehicle. Around $900 in fines. FMD, he‘s 45 and allegedly doing burnouts in the car I bought him that he didn’t register. Had to get a permit to bring it back home. OK, I payed the rego, added it to the bill which won’t get paid. Did I mention, he didn’t have enough to pay his rent. Wonder if he’ll go on his usual 4 day ‘payday’ drug binge. I’d only just had to put a new battery and fuel in his car. Couldn’t resurrect the battery after 4 complete flattenings, imreallyoverit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #17,451
Someone got done (not me) for excessive noise and smoke, unregistered vehicle. Around $900 in fines. FMD, he‘s 45 and allegedly doing burnouts in the car I bought him that he didn’t register. Had to get a permit to bring it back home. OK, I payed the rego, added it to the bill which won’t get paid. Did I mention, he didn’t have enough to pay his rent. Wonder if he’ll go on his usual 4 day ‘payday’ drug binge. I’d only just had to put a new battery and fuel in his car. Couldn’t resurrect the battery after 4 complete flattenings, imreallyoverit.🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
Something has to give mate, I hope it isn't you! I do understand your pain.

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,595 Posts
Someone got done (not me) for excessive noise and smoke, unregistered vehicle. Around $900 in fines. FMD, he‘s 45 and allegedly doing burnouts in the car I bought him that he didn’t register. Had to get a permit to bring it back home. OK, I payed the rego, added it to the bill which won’t get paid. Did I mention, he didn’t have enough to pay his rent. Wonder if he’ll go on his usual 4 day ‘payday’ drug binge. I’d only just had to put a new battery and fuel in his car. Couldn’t resurrect the battery after 4 complete flattenings, imreallyoverit.
FMD. You have the patience of a saint mate. There has to be a limit as he will continue to do this kind of crap unless he is stopping from doing so. Hopefully you can work something out before it effects your health in a bad way.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
14,186 Posts
Went into the caravan, glanced at the voltmeter 6.7V, mppt controller has an E2 error. Plugged the power into the caravan to charge the batteries, will wait until they are charged then test the controller.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
24,468 Posts
Went into the caravan, glanced at the voltmeter 6.7V, mppt controller has an E2 error. Plugged the power into the caravan to charge the batteries, will wait until they are charged then test the controller.
Bugger! :cautious:

Foo

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
14,186 Posts
Bugger! :cautious:

Foo
Yes, just hope it’s the controller that has carked, cheapest option. Will find out tomorrow. 😩

Reactions: Foo

·
Registered
nissan
2,385 Posts
Had the same sort of fault here a few years ago. Was the controller mainly, plus the 80w panel was only delivering 1.3 amps in full sun. Had to replace all of it. Controller badly positioned, has water ingress. Battery dead due to 2 dead cells. Panel damaged due to poor seal and water ingress. Was an expensive exercise.
Now have another dead battery as somebody (me) bought a cheapie. All good lessons but bad for the wallet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
14,186 Posts
Had the same sort of fault here a few years ago. Was the controller mainly, plus the 80w panel was only delivering 1.3 amps in full sun. Had to replace all of it. Controller badly positioned, has water ingress. Battery dead due to 2 dead cells. Panel damaged due to poor seal and water ingress. Was an expensive exercise.
Now have another dead battery as somebody (me) bought a cheapie. All good lessons but bad for the wallet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Damn, that cheered me up. 👎 Have more things to look at.
01C16328-2353-47F6-A863-99D09084AB9E.jpeg
4F0737D8-2B59-429B-A012-D78A11D317F6.jpeg

Reactions: Foo

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
9,799 Posts
Buy a Quality controller
Victron or my personal preference is Morningstar.
They are simple and quality but they are not cheap.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
24,468 Posts
Buy a Quality controller
Victron or my personal preference is Morningstar.
They are simple and quality but they are not cheap.

But can he get pensioner rates? 😇

Foo

Reactions: Yeti's Beast
17441 - 17460 of 20032 Posts