Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

17521 - 17540 of 17738 Posts

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
10,643 Posts
No flooding in the shed as of 8:30pm last night.

I'll check it again when I get home from work as it rained a bit through the night.

·
Premium Member
Patrol Hybrid.
11,904 Posts
Just spent two days working on the boat, nav lights needed fixing and general tidy up. Bright and early today, pack and load, test engine, one kick then dead. General look around can’t find anything so off the the boat mechanic. Go home and wait, bout an hour later get a ring, it’s all sorted. Mate had cable tied wires too tight and shorted out the hour meter. Go up to his place so we can collect the boat, he’s out, that’s OK he won’t be long, chew a soft mint, damn there’s a rock in it. No, it’s a filling. Collect boat (only $50) and off to the dentist to make an appointment. Get home and a government letter awaits me, open it, Patrol rego, another $745 to spend. Not going to hold my breath waiting for son to pay it for me. 🙄
Try for fishing tomorrow. Beer time.

·
Registered
nissan
2,344 Posts
Just spent two days working on the boat, nav lights needed fixing and general tidy up. Bright and early today, pack and load, test engine, one kick then dead. General look around can’t find anything so off the the boat mechanic. Go home and wait, bout an hour later get a ring, it’s all sorted. Mate had cable tied wires too tight and shorted out the hour meter. Go up to his place so we can collect the boat, he’s out, that’s OK he won’t be long, chew a soft mint, damn there’s a rock in it. No, it’s a filling. Collect boat (only $50) and off to the dentist to make an appointment. Get home and a government letter awaits me, open it, Patrol rego, another $745 to spend. Not going to hold my breath waiting for son to pay it for me.
Try for fishing tomorrow. Beer time.
If you were in NSW your rego would be free, here inNT I get about 40 percent off for us pensioners.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu crd ute
8,113 Posts
Pick up van after being repaired, $708 to remove bearing and fit new , who would have thought ABS would be $200 dearer than standard. Bloody Toyota didn't make with replaceable bearings had to replace whole hub assembly.

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
10,643 Posts
No flooding in the shed as of 8:30pm last night.

I'll check it again when I get home from work as it rained a bit through the night.
Update:
Dodgy can of expanda foam - 1
Water - 0

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
22,024 Posts
Pick up van after being repaired, $708 to remove bearing and fit new , who would have thought ABS would be $200 dearer than standard. Bloody Toyota didn't make with replaceable bearings had to replace whole hub assembly.
Oh what a feeling!

Foo

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Patrol Hybrid.
11,904 Posts
We had 40mm of rain last night, I do a greenwaste tip run, get home and someone has the hose out washing the garden and footpaths, not only that he washed the carport floor that had a new sheet of melamine on it, yep, you guessed it, the edges are all swollen and splitting now. 🤬😡🤬😡

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #17,534
When people you know are hurting and you can’t help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Well, yes you can, moral support is an effective way of helping.

·
Registered
nissan
4,822 Posts
Just picked up a recond pump for the Falcon 5 speed transmission, think I'll fit it tonight refit tranny in morning all good. Open box and look no front seal, shaft seals and drive gear o ring fitted, along with 5 out of 7 bolts that hold it together not there! Back to shop 140km round trip in morning for some answers, to me it's like a recond engine missing oil rings just selling half the job!

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
1,849 Posts
Had to stop and grab a tank of gas on the way home from work today (even if it's not the best price around, it's still cheaper than petrol!). Picked up the schnozzle, connected it up and started filling. Clunk. No more pumping. Waited, went in and checked with the clown behind the counter (I think the counter had more brain cells), "Try resetting the pump by hanging it up and waiting 10 seconds."

Sure enough, it worked. BUT THE PRICE HAD GONE UP :mad:! Forkin' cheeky barstools!

So tomorrow guess who is calling the head office to complain. And yes, I got a receipt with both transactions on it, showing the different prices. Might call the ACCC and CAV too, because fork them, but I doubt either will do anything until I go through, "the correct processes."

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #17,539
Morons who park opposite each other in narrow estate streets, #@&*!.

·
Premium Member
Patrol Hybrid.
11,904 Posts
Centrelink, had to fill out my annual income stream statement online. Click send, up pops a message saying it failed to send. Try again, says this once only code has been used, so today I get there early this morning, spend ten minutes at the counter to make an appointment with someone else there. Wait an hour and a half, watching some ‘interesting’ people wander in. Finally get called, less than two minutes and confirmation that the initial form had been received.

17521 - 17540 of 17738 Posts