Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

17521 - 17534 of 17534 Posts

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
10,582 Posts
No flooding in the shed as of 8:30pm last night.

I'll check it again when I get home from work as it rained a bit through the night.

·
Premium Member
Patrol Hybrid.
11,618 Posts
Just spent two days working on the boat, nav lights needed fixing and general tidy up. Bright and early today, pack and load, test engine, one kick then dead. General look around can’t find anything so off the the boat mechanic. Go home and wait, bout an hour later get a ring, it’s all sorted. Mate had cable tied wires too tight and shorted out the hour meter. Go up to his place so we can collect the boat, he’s out, that’s OK he won’t be long, chew a soft mint, damn there’s a rock in it. No, it’s a filling. Collect boat (only $50) and off to the dentist to make an appointment. Get home and a government letter awaits me, open it, Patrol rego, another $745 to spend. Not going to hold my breath waiting for son to pay it for me. 🙄
Try for fishing tomorrow. Beer time.

·
Registered
nissan
2,337 Posts
Just spent two days working on the boat, nav lights needed fixing and general tidy up. Bright and early today, pack and load, test engine, one kick then dead. General look around can’t find anything so off the the boat mechanic. Go home and wait, bout an hour later get a ring, it’s all sorted. Mate had cable tied wires too tight and shorted out the hour meter. Go up to his place so we can collect the boat, he’s out, that’s OK he won’t be long, chew a soft mint, damn there’s a rock in it. No, it’s a filling. Collect boat (only $50) and off to the dentist to make an appointment. Get home and a government letter awaits me, open it, Patrol rego, another $745 to spend. Not going to hold my breath waiting for son to pay it for me.
Try for fishing tomorrow. Beer time.
If you were in NSW your rego would be free, here inNT I get about 40 percent off for us pensioners.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu crd ute
8,023 Posts
Pick up van after being repaired, $708 to remove bearing and fit new , who would have thought ABS would be $200 dearer than standard. Bloody Toyota didn't make with replaceable bearings had to replace whole hub assembly.

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
10,582 Posts
No flooding in the shed as of 8:30pm last night.

I'll check it again when I get home from work as it rained a bit through the night.
Update:
Dodgy can of expanda foam - 1
Water - 0

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
21,832 Posts
Pick up van after being repaired, $708 to remove bearing and fit new , who would have thought ABS would be $200 dearer than standard. Bloody Toyota didn't make with replaceable bearings had to replace whole hub assembly.
Oh what a feeling!

Foo

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Patrol Hybrid.
11,618 Posts
We had 40mm of rain last night, I do a greenwaste tip run, get home and someone has the hose out washing the garden and footpaths, not only that he washed the carport floor that had a new sheet of melamine on it, yep, you guessed it, the edges are all swollen and splitting now. 🤬😡🤬😡

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
43,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #17,534
When people you know are hurting and you can’t help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Well, yes you can, moral support is an effective way of helping.

17521 - 17534 of 17534 Posts