Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

17621 - 17640 of 18060 Posts

·
Every dog has his day
nissan
18,032 Posts
When the road between the mine you’re at, and the mine (and airport) you need to go to on Sunday, is intersected by the path of a cat 4 cyclone expected to pass through the area on (wait for it) Sunday....

Rio Tinto’s call what we do now I guess haha!

Worst case you’re confined to your room for 24 hours or so, take enough food with you...

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
12,070 Posts
And your TAFE homework. 😉
Bloody teachers. 🤣🤣🤣

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
12,070 Posts
Old boyscout motto : ‘Be Prepared’.

·
Registered
CRD Wagon
849 Posts
People who make their staff walk through a 20mm puddle ALL DAY and then call me after 4pm on a Friday saying "There seems to be a problem with the drainage in my shop" and all of a sudden it's urgent.

The guy goes "What's wrong with it?"

"You've somehow managed to block the grease line again".

"What do you mean?"

"Oh never mind, I've explained this already again and again and again... you're literally too stupid to understand"

I had to walk away and let my offsider explain why seeing water all over the floor for 8 hours and then and waiting to report a fult after everyone has gone home would make the building maanager angry. He did apparently undertand the words "It's going to be expensive"

Fin jerk.

·
Every dog has his day
nissan
18,032 Posts
Cyclone party🤣🤣🤣
I’m thinking so...

We have two jobs here to do. One of them we can’t start because permits aren’t on as they haven’t raised counterweights due to needing to move belt, other one we can’t start until they supply us with a lost piece of equipment for the PLC in the fines stacker they insisted they would provide. It is suspected to be in Perth. Slow day.

Then tomorrow will be blowing it’s box off all day and presumably a truckload of rain so will probably lose two shifts (maybe 3) to red alert.

I suggested pub lunch in Newman... the boss was very slow to knock back the suggestion so it might not take too much of a nudge 😇

Can’t even go to Karijini as that’s in the path and will be closed!

Are you home or on site?

I’d imagine Solomon, the Brockmans and Channer etc are all evacuated too.

·
Every dog has his day
nissan
18,032 Posts
This is where the cyclone is predicted to be tomorrow, the white dot to the east of Tom Price is where I am now. With 100km/h+ wind gusts for six hours I don’t suppose much will get done then either...

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
22,284 Posts

·
Every dog has his day
nissan
18,032 Posts
Stay safe, young fella. Betta put some tie down chains on your donga .
Yeah mate we’ll be fine here, not close enough to be evacuated, not far enough to escape the rain and wind. Dongas all cyclone rated and chained to concrete blocks. Good bunch of lads to pass the time with, just don’t know when I’ll get home or from which airport or where we’ll leave the truck and cars...

Could be much worse!

·
Registered
nissan
363 Posts
Just cheeses me off, only a little rant.

Bloody CUMMINS engine's.

1st engine BOOM at 680,000km, still under "warranty". But the warranty will only cover the failed parts. Even in an engine failure, they class them as "re useable" rebuild. They use what ever they can from the old motor into the warranty rebuild.
Last motor, 2 cracks in the head, crack in the block, 2 pistons and 2 liners failed. In my eyes pretty much a new motor, not for cummins. They intended re used the old Roll bearing from the fail motor, put the 4 older pistons into brand new liners etc etc.
Anyway, no, no thank you. After some heated debate we used the warranty costs/component for CUMMINS and we added the extra funds to purchase a full new engine. Amount one could have easily bought a new ute of the show room floor for joy joy .

3 years later, this current motor has 710,000km and BOOM goes the head. But NO warranty. (A story I couldn't be bother with as I'm screwed either way)

So, this time round I'm only doing an "in chassic rebuild". Yep once again for the price you could buy another brand new ute of the show room floor. ei) two new utes in 3 years Lol

Sorry but it bloody pathetic in this stone age a heavy duty motor not making a 1million km.

2 cummins motors both with every similar km. AND same failures. A piece of poo they are.

I also need to put a on new turbo, only chump change @ $9,500 for a bloody turbo.
only 250,000km, as the last one was replaced under warranty, and they don't warranty part that have already been replaced under warranty.

i'm certainly not new to the truck'en world. But I'm over these stupid EGR ISX CUMMINS motors.

insult to injury...... new ordered truck is only 8 weeks away...... But not a CUMMINS

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
22,284 Posts

Bloody CUMMINS engine's.

1st engine BOOM at 680,000km, still under "warranty". But the warranty will only cover the failed parts. Even in an engine failure, they class them as "re useable" rebuild. They use what ever they can from the old motor into the warranty rebuild.
Last motor, 2 cracks in the head, crack in the block, 2 pistons and 2 liners failed. In my eyes pretty much a new motor, not for cummins. They intended re used the old Roll bearing from the fail motor, put the 4 older pistons into brand new liners etc etc.
Anyway, no, no thank you. After some heated debate we used the warranty costs/component for CUMMINS and we added the extra funds to purchase a full new engine. Amount one could have easily bought a new ute of the show room floor for joy joy .

3 years later, this current motor has 710,000km and BOOM goes the head. But NO warranty. (A story I couldn't be bother with as I'm screwed either way)

So, this time round I'm only doing an "in chassic rebuild". Yep once again for the price you could buy another brand new ute of the show room floor. ei) two new utes in 3 years Lol

Sorry but it bloody pathetic in this stone age a heavy duty motor not making a 1million km.

2 cummins motors both with every similar km. AND same failures. A piece of poo they are.

I also need to put a on new turbo, only chump change @ $9,500 for a bloody turbo.
only 250,000km, as the last one was replaced under warranty, and they don't warranty part that have already been replaced under warranty.

i'm certainly not new to the truck'en world. But I'm over these stupid EGR ISX CUMMINS motors.

insult to injury...... new ordered truck is only 8 weeks away...... But not a CUMMINS
The pollution chit and everything associated with them is a head fork. The DDT 15 it was near always sompin to do with the pollution crap and this truck with the Cummins XT 600 in it is the same. 🤬 At least with the Adblu I know when that side of things is playing up, because if I don't see the gauge drop I know there's a blockage in the pickup filter but this time, the code was 3483 I thing and the was the Adblu pump failing. 🤬 254000klms on this motor and it is in need of a tune up, so a hot set will be done in the coming weeks.

Foo

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
1,848 Posts

Bloody CUMMINS engine's.

So what did you end up ordering for your new truck?

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
22,284 Posts
The new Volvo globetrotter XXL. FH16 Ordered back in September, bloody long build I tell ya
About the same as a Star. ;) You should have better ride and fuel economy from it. (y) What motor?

Foo

·
Registered
nissan
363 Posts
About the same as a Star. ;) You should have better ride and fuel economy from it. (y) What motor?

Foo
FH 16L, 600Hp rated @ 130T. 600hp.

Should, No will be a lot more comfortable. As its only road train work NT and WA have also gone a longer wheel base. Again for comfort.
Unfortunately due to the work it's best to be a cab over for ease. Looked at the T610 with the new big cab also. BUT it had a stupid red boat anchor and no maintenance program like Volvo\Mack. So little chooses for me.

17621 - 17640 of 18060 Posts