Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

17641 - 17660 of 17716 Posts

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
22,018 Posts
FH 16L, 600Hp rated @ 130T. 600hp.

Should, No will be a lot more comfortable. As its only road train work NT and WA have also gone a longer wheel base. Again for comfort.
Unfortunately due to the work it's best to be a cab over for ease. Looked at the T610 with the new big cab also. BUT it had a stupid red boat anchor and no maintenance program like Volvo\Mack. So little chooses for me.
Strange, maybe because you only have one? We do all of our own maintenance since the the factory one finished. :unsure: We looked at the 610 but the sleeper was to shallow.

Foo

·
Registered
nissan
352 Posts
Strange, maybe because you only have one? We do all of our own maintenance since the the factory one finished. :unsure: We looked at the 610 but the sleeper was to shallow.

Foo
Sorry, Your right they do have a maintenance program of sorts. But not like Volvo. Volvo have a per mth payment worked out over the period of time you want and it will covers EVERYTHING servicing, any possible break down, the mid life crissis etc. Kenworth program only covers schedule servicing.
The T610 we looked at is the one now possible with the bigger bunk effectively 50in.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #17,643
Adds on TV that infer to small children that it is OK to do anything you like.

·
Registered
nissan gq
1,475 Posts
Just cheeses me off, only a little rant.

Bloody CUMMINS engine's.

1st engine BOOM at 680,000km, still under "warranty". But the warranty will only cover the failed parts. Even in an engine failure, they class them as "re useable" rebuild. They use what ever they can from the old motor into the warranty rebuild.
Last motor, 2 cracks in the head, crack in the block, 2 pistons and 2 liners failed. In my eyes pretty much a new motor, not for cummins. They intended re used the old Roll bearing from the fail motor, put the 4 older pistons into brand new liners etc etc.
Anyway, no, no thank you. After some heated debate we used the warranty costs/component for CUMMINS and we added the extra funds to purchase a full new engine. Amount one could have easily bought a new ute of the show room floor for joy joy .

3 years later, this current motor has 710,000km and BOOM goes the head. But NO warranty. (A story I couldn't be bother with as I'm screwed either way)

So, this time round I'm only doing an "in chassic rebuild". Yep once again for the price you could buy another brand new ute of the show room floor. ei) two new utes in 3 years Lol

Sorry but it bloody pathetic in this stone age a heavy duty motor not making a 1million km.

2 cummins motors both with every similar km. AND same failures. A piece of poo they are.

I also need to put a on new turbo, only chump change @ $9,500 for a bloody turbo.
only 250,000km, as the last one was replaced under warranty, and they don't warranty part that have already been replaced under warranty.

i'm certainly not new to the truck'en world. But I'm over these stupid EGR ISX CUMMINS motors.

insult to injury...... new ordered truck is only 8 weeks away...... But not a CUMMINS
Aren't these produced in China ? from genuine Chinesium

Cheers,G.

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
10,642 Posts
Why are there so many flies in Australia and why has no-one ever done anything about it? (Honest question.) :unsure:
We have a lot of spiders too, but I don't think they're pulling their collective weight.
They mostly go for the easier prey that come across them. Lazy buggers.

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
10,642 Posts
Aren't these produced in China ? from genuine Chinesium

Cheers,G.
Had a feeling their truck stuff is still US made.
Debatable how much better that is though...

There's a Chinese mob that makes a version of a Cummins small diesel and uses it in their utes. Foton or LDV I think...

·
Premium Member
Patrol Hybrid.
11,884 Posts
Fish finder refused to function today, took it back and was advised to bypass the panel switch. It’s now on its own circuit, try again tomorrow.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
22,018 Posts
Back off,I'm a people (y) ;)

Cheers,G.
Well that's a contentious point discussion, accordingly to some.

Foo

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
18,694 Posts
Waking up at 3:30am and not being able to get back to sleep. Guess i'll stop and get something for Brekky on my way into work.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
22,018 Posts
Lazy sod, make it before ya go!

Foo

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

17641 - 17660 of 17716 Posts