Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #19,561

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
19,386 Posts
How does a car blow a head gasket plodding around town? Don't keep an eye on fluid levels?

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
8,672 Posts
How does a car blow a head gasket plodding around town? Don't keep an eye on fluid levels?
450000 kms guess it might have something to do with age . Coolant is leaking somewhere was hard to start this morning, guess its going in the cylinders. My guess anyhow the mechanic will find the problem.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
23,897 Posts
450000 kms guess it might have something to do with age . Coolant is leaking somewhere was hard to start this morning, guess its going in the cylinders. My guess anyhow the mechanic will find the problem and cost me an arm and leg for repairs and make no profit this year. :(
I wouldn't be trusting that thing as a work vehicle anymore, even if you can claim the repairs on your tax. ;)

Foo

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
8,672 Posts
I wouldn't be trusting that thing as a work vehicle anymore, even if you can claim the repairs on your tax. ;)

Foo
Cheaper to fix than buy a new one ,

Reactions: grumpyone

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
23,897 Posts
Reactions: Softy

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
8,672 Posts
I'm starting to wonder about that!

Foo
new one = $40000 + interest over 5 years where as repairs over 5 years will be not even near that.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
23,897 Posts
new one = $40000 + interest over 5 years where as repairs over 5 years will be not even near that.
Couldn't you have taken up that Federal Government Tax break that they have? Spent up to $30000 on new equipment and get the tax break?

Foo

·
Every dog has his day
nissan
18,134 Posts
Getting your new roster and finding you’re away in bumphuck in the desert for your birthday in a couple of weeks or so (one with a zero on the end), AND Christmas AND New Year’s AND Missus Leethal’s birthday.

That’s a lot of 50/50s gone pear shaped.

But then again Fat Clive will likely get his way and reintroduce covid over here so I’ll probably be home for the last three on that list after all... earning a living and putting food on the table is overrated anyway.

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
2,232 Posts
Getting your new roster and finding you’re away in bumphuck in the desert for your birthday in a couple of weeks or so (one with a zero on the end), AND Christmas AND New Year’s AND Missus Leethal’s birthday.

That’s a lot of 50/50s gone pear shaped.

But then again Fat Clive will likely get his way and reintroduce covid over here so I’ll probably be home for the last three on that list after all... earning a living and putting food on the table is overrated anyway.
If he does win, then comes over and visit one of his mines: what do you reckon the odds are that one of you Sandgropers chucks him in an ore crusher?

·
Every dog has his day
nissan
18,134 Posts
where as repairs over 5 years will be not even near that.
For this repair maybe... but at that mileage it starts heading south from there and you may find a newer unit (say 2 years old with 60k kms, prob 1/2 to 2/3rds cost of a new one) would be cheaper in medium to longer term.

Notwithstanding coming up with the coin in the first place, I certainly wouldn’t have it lying around but may be worth doing the sums Nick 👍

·
Every dog has his day
nissan
18,134 Posts
Dkril I don’t even know what mines he has here, I thought he was predominantly Qld based so I don’t know why he wants to come here in the first place.

Not that that was your point of course, yes I’m thinking a jaw crusher would do a good job, it is not recommended behaviour to jump in to an operating unit.

Where I work we also have a couple of 100,000 plus litre tanks each of such delicacies as sodium cyanide, hydrochloric acid and hydrogen cyanide, I have great confidence that any of those would present an acceptable solution to the Clive problem, given the steps I have to take in certain areas to avoid so much as a drop or a sniff of any of them.

Weighed down with a used ball mill liner (a few hunj kg of steel), he could go for a swim in the bottomless tails dam now that you have me thinking, could be a generation before he was found.

Hmmmmm....

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
1,771 Posts
Dkril I don’t even know what mines he has here, I thought he was predominantly Qld based so I don’t know why he wants to come here in the first place.

Not that that was your point of course, yes I’m thinking a jaw crusher would do a good job, it is not recommended behaviour to jump in to an operating unit.

Where I work we also have a couple of 100,000 plus litre tanks each of such delicacies as sodium cyanide, hydrochloric acid and hydrogen cyanide, I have great confidence that any of those would present an acceptable solution to the Clive problem, given the steps I have to take in certain areas to avoid so much as a drop or a sniff of any of them.

Weighed down with a used ball mill liner (a few hunj kg of steel), he could go for a swim in the bottomless tails dam now that you have me thinking, could be a generation before he was found.

Hmmmmm....
He has been mining in WA since the eighties.

He is the atypical Queenslander. Born in Victoria. Victoria can have him back.

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
8,672 Posts
For this repair maybe... but at that mileage it starts heading south from there and you may find a newer unit (say 2 years old with 60k kms, prob 1/2 to 2/3rds cost of a new one) would be cheaper in medium to longer term.

Notwithstanding coming up with the coin in the first place, I certainly wouldn’t have it lying around but may be worth doing the sums Nick 👍
Have a Lazy $17000 sitting in bank but not prepared to go into debt or buy someone else problems ie: used van.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
13,597 Posts
Lease one then.

·
Every dog has his day
nissan
18,134 Posts
Do you know which mines Haggie? Just so I know what to avoid if possible haha!

Google might know I’ll ask him.

19561 - 19580 of 19618 Posts